Posted

Would like some info on this "PATCH" after seeing it this morning on Sean Chapmans Site (Chapmans Records)

I'll tell you what i do know, when i bought my First Lambretta  Scooter back in late 60's i was

parking my Scooter outside the Hi Rise flats where i lived and an old guy came out of the Maisonettes

And said, nice Scooter, Used to have a Vespa and belonged to The Yogi Bear Scooter Club and he went indoors

and came out with a photograph album which included him with and on a Vespa Scooter with Side-car, Does anyone on here know

anything about this club or confirm it as a Scooter Club Patch, Sean has never seen this patch before so conclude Quite a Rare One,

I had a chat about it with him this morning and said i would try you get some History on it, i have to say it's a fab looking Patch As i used

to be a fan as a Kid of The Yogi Bear Children's T.V. Show,

worth a look at if you have not seen one your self. 

"Smarter Than The Average Bear Boo Boo!" 😃

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 16
  • Views 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So .. I messaged my old mate in Liversage , Nigel .. who’s a long time collector , about this patch . I found out that he was in A&E , so I knew he wouldn’t be able to do anything about it ..

That has made me Smile and made my day Steve 😃 Sounds like it could not have Gone to a more deserving Friend, I hope What Ever his Circumstances Are He Gets Well Soon and goes on to make a Full Recove

No bow or pat on the back needed here. Nigel may well be known to a lot of you old timers on the scene .. as he’s had a real long life going to venues , and not just that, he was also very good M

Posted Images

Posted

Hi Rick,

Yogi Bear was seen riding a scooter in episode 21 of the Yogi Bear Show, called Scooter Looter, and Marx Brothers toys brought out Yogi Bear on a Vespa in the 60's, see below.2118804598_YogionVespa.jpg.a8a5c2183f82d65e5a6d21b1d7509027.jpg

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 hours ago, Tattoodave said:

Yogi Bear was seen riding a scooter in episode 21 of the Yogi Bear Show, called Scooter Looter, and Marx Brothers toys brought out Yogi Bear on a Vespa in the 60's,

Wow, Not seen one of those,

Cheers Dave, Nice One, things were simple back then growing up, we were easily pleased, Happy Memories.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
52 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

Wow, Not seen one of those,

Cheers Dave, Nice One, things were simple back then growing up, we were easily pleased, Happy Memories.

They were mostly yellow Vespa's, considering the box showed a blue one, I've only ever seen one blue, and that one was in a private collection in Toronto.  

You can now appreciate where the club patch came from at least, though my search earlier came up with nothing that I didn't already know.

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Hi Rick have had a close look at the Yogi Bear Patch and you can see the HB 1970s copyright on the patch, it must have been a fan club badge for the show, rather than scooter club, but these days I'm betting a rare item, HB Hanna Barbera ,,, 

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

are we talking about the same one here?

as thought it was well known, fairly sure that it used to be listed in all the badge adverts back then

can remember thinking that it and the Belgium one were odd ones at the time

featured on contempo 75 lp cover

contempo.jpg

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
9 hours ago, Happy Feet said:

Hi Rick have had a close look at the Yogi Bear Patch and you can see the HB 1970s copyright on the patch, it must have been a fan club badge for the show, rather than scooter club, but these days I'm betting a rare item, HB Hanna Barbera ,,, 

Rick , they are similar but not the same and Happy Feet is right ... the one on Sean’s site is the Hanna Barbera patch from the cartoon TV show .

Wish I could say I had both but don’t - only have the cartoon one ... 

I do think the other one is related to the scooter club back in the day , but couldn’t find any info on it at all .

As Mike said , both this and the Belgium one where a bit strange and think they where all done my Chris Burtons - International Soul Club - but I stand to be corrected ..  

6CC7B037-563D-42E5-B465-745DCBA3C845.jpeg

8C1ACA69-81AE-440B-86EF-FBD6EC9C1E6D.jpeg

D9C5E3B2-10F1-43E2-886C-D18B48AE0DA5.jpeg

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 hours ago, Happy Feet said:

This one ,very similar to the one on the album cover 

Correct, and looking at the one on the Contempo LP record cover where the Copyright HB 1973 is it looks like there is additional Stitching or something, Wonder if one of the members on here has the Album to confirm this.

Makes me wonder now about a Scooter Club or Soul Club Connection or why would it be included on this sort of LP Cover and the possible connection to Chris Burtons International Soul Club which as yet to be confirmed.

And yes have to agree must be quite a rare Patch, Just noticed that the Soul Lincoln Patch that Sean has on his list (which came off the same Shirt as the Yogi Bear One) is on that very LP Cover

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 hours ago, Carty said:

Was it not just a joke , a skit on all the other "club " badges ? 

Who knows, Considering There was a Scooter Club Who were called the Yogi Bear Scooter Club, And the OFFICIAL Badge For The Hanna Barbara U.S. Children's Cartoon Show Must have Been Around First, But Hey It Looks Like Somebody has Snagged their self a real nice Rare Patch as it's Gone Now, Well Done That Man/Lady 😃 Rick

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
36 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

Who knows, Considering There was a Scooter Club Who were called the Yogi Bear Scooter Club, And the OFFICIAL Badge For The Hanna Barbara U.S. Children's Cartoon Show Must have Been Around First, But Hey It Looks Like Somebody has Snagged their self a real nice Rare Patch as it's Gone Now, Well Done That Man/Lady 😃 Rick

Rick and it was only £15 for a genuinely rare patch. 

Ste 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

So .. I messaged my old mate in Liversage , Nigel .. who’s a long time collector , about this patch .

I found out that he was in A&E , so I knew he wouldn’t be able to do anything about it .. so I’ve bought it for him.

He’s been through some shit of late so deserves a lift . 

Its going to a good home 

Edited by Stevegods
  • Up vote 6
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
15 hours ago, Stevegods said:

So .. I messaged my old mate in Liversage , Nigel .. who’s a long time collector , about this patch .

I found out that he was in A&E , so I knew he wouldn’t be able to do anything about it .. so I’ve bought it for him.

Its going to a good home 

That has made me Smile and made my day Steve 😃 Sounds like it could not have Gone to a more deserving Friend, I hope What Ever his Circumstances Are He Gets Well Soon and goes on to make a Full Recovery,

WELL DONE YOU! :thumbup:  

Rick

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
21 hours ago, Stevegods said:

Its going to a good home 

Steve. 

Take a well deserved bow my friend.  👏👏👏

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
22 hours ago, Stevegods said:

Its going to a good home 

It certainly did,  but look at the patches closely, back in the day a lot of the local clubs had there own Patches,  and where made by girlfriends who just happened to work at the Burtons factory , on the East Lancs rd, so although may have been an original design,  could easily have been adopted and made in the UK , I've hunted and searched the internet and found a few original  Yogi Bear patches from Canada and USA and nearly all mention Yellowstone, and only from the 80s.

The possible Chris Burton one even has the copyright HB 1973 on but is a back street printed copy  of the type that most bootleggers sold back then. There used to be a badge factory locally, long gone and no one left to ask these days so another mystery. 

I would like to say that the chances are it's as real as can be but obviously after 73 , and the fact it only says Club, but where was it based someone must know. 

Here is rare patch  of only 3 made I know because when Ralph give me mine I also saw the others and his wife made them, we had 2 nights and folded back in the early 90s , so no point in making anymore, but the point is any number can be made 

IMG_20210319_194357.jpg

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

No bow or pat on the back needed here.

Nigel may well be known to a lot of you old timers on the scene .. as he’s had a real long life going to venues , and not just that, he was also very good Martial Arts competitor .. very fit guy in his day . Then unfortunately, he had some serious health issues .. and is still suffering, which can never be good during lockdown.

He’s  a real true gent, like a hell of a lot on the scene and many on here.

He had a big collection of memrobillia, a lot of which he swapped for a load of vinyl from me when I got him back into listening to wax again ... and then he sold most of the rest to another collector.

Like lots that sell up or move stuff on , he’s realised that he’s missed the stuff he had and started collecting again .

He’s back home now and thankfully all good ... and any help is truly worth it.

Nige - I love you pal ! 

Edited by Stevegods
  • Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!