JMAuction - 17/03/2021 - Results!

Thanks for posting as always.  🙏

Valentinos.  Patti & the Emblems.    Both Crazy prices . How much would my old black Kapp issue be worth. 

Artistics on a  Coral demo is probably more rare than the above 2. Yet almost half the price of the Valentinos and a third of the price of Patti & the Emblems. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I paid £10 for a Valentinos back in the 90's, played it out a few weeks later and somebody came up to the decks and offered me £30 for it ... I was tempted but £500 unbelievable.

I paid £40 for a Jimmy Fraser at Tony's it started getting hammered by every DJ and his dog so swapped it a short time later for Strange Neighborhood. 

Edited by Martyn Pitt
Social source share

Martyn.  Talking of Tony,s do you remember when Dave Evison,  yourself and me where stood at the bar and  I commented about you and Dave been Twins but separated at birth,  and the look on Dave s face when I said that  Martyn had ended up with the good record collection was priceless.  

You where obviously the younger, better looking twin. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I’m not saying it is worth it, far from it, its not a rare record but 500 for Valentinos doesn’t surprise me.  Its been 250 to 350 for some years now and given the flip is finding popularity after Andy Dyson gave it more exposure a few years it will only create more interest. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

19 minutes ago, Chalky said:

I’m not saying it is worth it, far from it, its not a rare record but 500 for Valentinos doesn’t surprise me.  Its been 250 to 350 for some years now and given the flip is finding popularity after Andy Dyson gave it more exposure a few years it will only create more interest. 

Karl.  I agree with the £250 /£350 mate 👍even with Andy playing the b side . Fair play to John.  He consistently gets the prices that mere mortals can only dream of 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Karl.  I agree with the £250 /£350 mate 👍even with Andy playing the b side . Fair play to John.  He consistently gets the prices that mere mortals can only dream of 

Noticed a M- Silhouettes selling for around £1100 this week on US eBay which is far less than JM auction copy last week.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, Redstripe said:

"Youth Opportunity Program" £1340!!

I guess this is the rarest version especially together with the sleeve so this made the price or what do you think?

Another over inflated price, plenty of copies for sale in recent times of each.  Who is buying these at these daft prices.  You could get this for a then over inflated price of around £700 just a short while ago.  What makes some fool pay almost twice as much?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!