Frank Worthington - RIP

Posted

Another legend is taken from us .

The former England forward Frank Worthington has died at the age of 72 after a long illness.

Worthington played for more than 20 clubs including Huddersfield, Leicester and Bolton during a long career that stretched from 1966 to 1991.

One of English football’s great mavericks, he made his England appearances in 1974. His family said he died peacefully in hospital in Huddersfield on Monday.

4A0263FF-CA7B-429D-91AF-1128E5EB9BC2.jpeg

• Up vote 8
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 13
  • Views 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another legend is taken from us . The former England forward Frank Worthington has died at the age of 72 after a long illness. Worthington played for more than 20 clubs including Huddersfiel

What a true legend. He was much loved here at Bolton.                                            never forget your famous goal at burnden park. R.I.P.    Frank

Real old school legend- RIP Frank  

Posted Images

Posted

What a true legend. He was much loved here at Bolton.                                           
never forget your famous goal at burnden park. R.I.P.    Frank

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Zoomsoulblue said:

Real old school legend- RIP Frank

Lots of really moving tributes on foxestalk for a player i rate alongside vardy as our greatest ever.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I can recall him being fine doing a few radio spots about his career on Talksport, then all of a sudden he went downhill quite unexpected.

R. I. P. Franky Wortho - Football Genius in the same mold as George Best.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Met him a couple of times at golf events....you couldn't miss him, slicked back hair (all be it a tad thin) and pencil moustache, very approachable and when some one said can I have a photo Mr Worthington, he replied, or course you can and my names Frank.....could play a bit as well...and don't mention the womanizing😂😂......R.I.P.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Met him a couple of times at golf events....you couldn't miss him, slicked back hair (all be it a tad thin) and pencil moustache, very approachable and when some one said can I have a photo Mr Worthington, he replied, or course you can and my names Frank.....could play a bit as well...and don't mention the womanizing😂😂......R.I.P.

The stories of frank"elvis" wortho on and off the pitch are legendary in leicester.  Loved by all.😪

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I spent my best days watching the best team I had seen at Leicester run by Jimmy Bloomfield,  a magical line up of players who loved playing and partying and up front was Frank Worthington, a legend on and off the pitch.  He will no doubt be doing the same elsewhere.  We will miss him.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Great character, Great player scored 24 goals for B. W. F. C. season 78/79 , I think top scorer for div 1 that  season, RIP Frank , here's a list of all UK teams he played for during his illustrious career and England (not listed) 

IMG_20210323_210639.jpg

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
19 hours ago, Happy Feet said:

Great character, Great player scored 24 goals for B. W. F. C. season 78/79 , I think top scorer for div 1 that  season, RIP Frank , here's a list of all UK teams he played for during his illustrious career and England (not listed) 

IMG_20210323_210639.jpg

Just now, Ibiza Steve said:

After leaving pro football, I'm sure he was player manager at Hinckley Town FC or a Leics Senior League Club.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Ibiza Steve said:

Yes Steve,  I only listed the senior leagues yesterday , he went on to have quite a career around the world and non league too, Legend 

Screenshot_20210324-105522_Samsung Internet.jpg

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Frank Howard & The Commanders / Frank Howard
    Record Wants by Windlesoul on Sat 07 Mar 2015