Jump to content

JMAuction - 24/03/2021 - Results!


Recommended Posts

Posted

fyi

*1st Click On The Attached .png To Enlarge!

*Click Once More

*It Will Start In A New Tab

*Click Again To Enlarge

--- --- --- --- ---

*To Download - Right Click On The .png - Save Image As

 

screencapture-raresoulman-co-uk-auction-soul-auction-soul-auction-ending-this-wednesday-html-2021-03-24-19_00_28.png

  • Up vote 3
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 25
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fyi *1st Click On The Attached .png To Enlarge! *Click Once More *It Will Start In A New Tab *Click Again To Enlarge --- --- --- --- --- *To Download - Right Click On The

Usual thanks for posting. Four Perfections sold for a tidy sum - a top-drawer classic, and worth every penny. Thought Marvin would go for a higher amount...

Thank you for sharing as always 😊.   Marvin Gaye is a fair price for a tough one especially with the picture sleeve.  Considering there was ( allegedly) 600 pressed to go with the 600 unrealised

Posted Images




Posted

Cliff Nobles - 663£

Marvin Gaye - 651£

Sweet Things - 228£

Attractions - 577£

 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

That four perfections is a record that when I've not heard it for a while, its brilliant again and again, but heard for a third or forth time in quick succession is boring! Love to own it though. Surely the price is inflated these days?

Also when did the cliff nobles start getting big? Can't remember it in the 70s or 80s, but it must have been known about.

Ed

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Usual thanks for posting. Four Perfections sold for a tidy sum - a top-drawer classic, and worth every penny. Thought Marvin would go for a higher amount...

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Thank you for sharing as always 😊.  

Marvin Gaye is a fair price for a tough one especially with the picture sleeve.  Considering there was ( allegedly) 600 pressed to go with the 600 unrealised Marvin tracks found in the vaults

Cliff  Nobles.  Come on who has bought this at this price. OMG It was a soul pack record 

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Tomangoes said:

That four perfections is a record that when I've not heard it for a while, its brilliant again and again, but heard for a third or forth time in quick succession is boring! Love to own it though. Surely the price is inflated these days?

Also when did the cliff nobles start getting big? Can't remember it in the 70s or 80s, but it must have been known about.

Ed

Four Perfections has crept past £600 and £700 in recent years. Cliff Nobles is a more recent spin, probably overlooked in the 70’s due to the artist being well known on a common label.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
18 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thank you for sharing as always 😊.  

Marvin Gaye is a fair price for a tough one especially with the picture sleeve.  Considering there was ( allegedly) 600 pressed to go with the 600 unrealised Marvin tracks found in the vaults

Cliff  Nobles.  Come on who has bought this at this price. OMG It was a soul pack record 

Can anyone confirm how many copies of Marvin Gaye were pressed? I read 200 somewhere but not sure. I thought all copies were in a picture sleeve but I guess some may have been discarded by DJ’s filing in white card sleeves.

Cliff Nobles is a tough record to find these days and is a great sound too. You won’t find too many in soul packs today, or thrown off the stage at Allnighter anniversaries...

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
39 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thank you for sharing as always 😊.  

Marvin Gaye is a fair price for a tough one especially with the picture sleeve.  Considering there was ( allegedly) 600 pressed to go with the 600 unrealised Marvin tracks found in the vaults

Cliff  Nobles.  Come on who has bought this at this price. OMG It was a soul pack record 

If Cliff Nobles is fetching that amount on atlantic,what price for the J-V first label press?

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

And in the pop auction Prince Buster  Sunshine with my girl went for £734 WOW!

Dig out those old reggae/ska tunes

 

Dave Banks

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
35 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Can anyone confirm how many copies of Marvin Gaye were pressed? I read 200 somewhere but not sure. I thought all copies were in a picture sleeve but I guess some may have been discarded by DJ’s filing in white card sleeves.

Cliff Nobles is a tough record to find these days and is a great sound too. You won’t find too many in soul packs today, or thrown off the stage at Allnighter anniversaries...

When I bought my Marvin Gaye.  Its killing me .( love starved heart ,) I lost the picture sleeve somewhere because I  filed my copy  in a white cardboard sleeve for DJ purposes as you mention Frankie. 

It would be interesting to find out how many actually got released you mention 200 , I thought 600 . Possibly somewhere in-between.  Who knows  ? 

Ste

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

When I bought my Marvin Gaye.  Its killing me .( love starved heart ,) I lost the picture sleeve somewhere because I  filed my copy  in a white cardboard sleeve for DJ purposes as you mention Frankie. 

It would be interesting to find out how many actually got released you mention 200 , I thought 600 . Possibly somewhere in-between.  Who knows  ? 

Ste

There was far more than 200 pressed. They were given away at a launch party for the CD set The Master if memory serves.  Many were discarded, thrown on the floor.  I know one who went round picking copies up.  All had picture sleeves to begin with. 

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wheelsville1 said:

If Cliff Nobles is fetching that amount on atlantic,what price for the J-V first label press?

I had a JV copy once for £3. The JV label looks very dull and unattractive. A mucky dark green and black!

Either label, I think it's a great solid Northern Soul classic!

 

Edited by Halogen
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Wheelsville1 said:

If Cliff Nobles is fetching that amount on atlantic ,what price for the J-V first label press?

In the 90's they both went for the same sort of money £20 - £30 (if my memory serves me correctly)

Edited by Martyn Pitt
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
13 hours ago, Chalky said:

There was far more than 200 pressed. They were given away at a launch party for the CD set The Master if memory serves.  Many were discarded, thrown on the floor.  I know one who went round picking copies up.  All had picture sleeves to begin with. 

Yes Chalky, that is the story I know of also.
All the peeps at the launch just discarded them - left all over the place.
AND someone (or more) did go around hoovering them up - good on them !
I first saw it on a Mick Smith list for £70 when they reached our shores (he had a few).
I had never heard it and was an avid UK Motown R/W demo collector at the time.
He said buy it, you will not be disappointed - so I did and I wasn't.

Nobody ever mentions the flip side - Desperate Situation.
Think this is great - in its own right.

Best,    Tom.

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
14 hours ago, Chalky said:

There was far more than 200 pressed. They were given away at a launch party for the CD set The Master if memory serves.  Many were discarded, thrown on the floor.  I know one who went round picking copies up.  All had picture sleeves to begin with. 

I did say 600 copies to go with the 600 unreleased tracks in the vaults and was released with the iconic two globes design label choice for the promotion , harking back to the 60,s label

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

I did say 600 copies to go with the 600 unreleased tracks in the vaults and was released with the iconic two globes design label choice for the promotion , harking back to the 60,s label

Not sure about the 600 unreleased in the vaults notion, probably many more than that

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
44 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Not sure about the 600 unreleased in the vaults notion, probably many more than that

Karl.  There was supposed be 630 I think the number was quoted as unreleased Marvin Gaye tracks that where found in the vaults   no other artists where mentioned mate. 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Anyone know more on Del Victors? I have a copy with a different B side (repro? if so , why?)

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 hours ago, Corbett80 said:

That Attractions price is much more sensible than the last copy

Still twice as much as it should be, was a tough sell for years

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
19 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Still twice as much as it should be, was a tough sell for years

shouldn't of been - it's f-ing great the dance side. £1300 was ludicrous though

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
17 hours ago, Geoff B said:

Anyone know more on Del Victors? I have a copy with a different B side (repro? if so , why?)

There are two original issues of "Oh Lover" with different flips. The one with "Acting Up" (the one you have, presumably) is much rarer.

 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 hours ago, Weingarden said:

There are two original issues of "Oh Lover" with different flips. The one with "Acting Up" (the one you have, presumably) is much rarer.

 

Many thanks for info, yes, mine has "Acting Up" on the other side. Wonder if the repro had something to do with the Doowop guys.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Weingarden said:

Geoff, I'm not aware of the repro. Which sides are on it?

 

2 hours ago, Weingarden said:

Geoff, I'm not aware of the repro. Which sides are on it?

Don't know myself. It was Mr Manship that mentions a repro in his auction listing, as above.

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Log in to Soul Source

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Jmauction - 08/01/2019 - Results
    All About The Soul by Zanetti on Wed 08 Jan 2020
    • 2 / 424
    • Zanetti on 08 Jan 2020
  2. Jmauction - 24/02/2021 - Results!
    All About The Soul by Zanetti on Wed 24 Feb 2021
    • 34 / 2022
    • Davey S on 26 Feb 2021
  3. Jmauction - 11/12/2019 - Results
    All About The Soul by Zanetti on Wed 11 Dec 2019
    • 4 / 909
    • Shufflin on 13 Dec 2019
  4. Jmauction - 03/02/2021 - Results!
    All About The Soul by Zanetti on Wed 03 Feb 2021
    • 12 / 1151
    • Benji on 06 Feb 2021
  5. Jmauction - 25/11/2020 - Results
    All About The Soul by Zanetti on Wed 25 Nov 2020
    • 12 / 841
    • Andy Rix on 26 Nov 2020
  6. Jmauction - 13/01/2020 - Results
    All About The Soul by Zanetti on Wed 13 Jan 2021
    • 36 / 2585
    • big-c on 22 Jan 2021
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.