HELP ME FIND A RECORD

2 slightly different takes as well - it's all in the way she sings "with my love and what you got", one has more stress on "love" than the other (it was my Mrs that pointed it out, have played them back to back in the house - only wish she'd bloody listen to me sometimes 😉)

Social source share

6 hours ago, Girdwoodinc said:

2 slightly different takes as well - it's all in the way she sings "with my love and what you got", one has more stress on "love" than the other (it was my Mrs that pointed it out, have played them back to back in the house - only wish she'd bloody listen to me sometimes 😉)

And the one Butch plays is a different cut again , on a studio acetate of course ... :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

23 minutes ago, Chalky said:

the one Butch has, it has male backing....and the instrumental on the flip I think

I bow to your deeper knowledge Karl , all I know is I love getting a sweat on to it down in the red basement and then getting annoyed when I hear the issued version and remember how 'weak and wishy-washy' it sounds in comparison to Marks gem , probably why I've never actually bought one ... :rolleyes:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Woodbutcher said:

I bow to your deeper knowledge Karl , all I know is I love getting a sweat on to it down in the red basement and then getting annoyed when I hear the issued version and remember how 'weak and wishy-washy' it sounds in comparison to Marks gem , probably why I've never actually bought one ... :rolleyes:

Took me ages to work out what was different, no one else had ever mentioned the male backing.

I play the missed one out now and then, the red label release, one of the great northern sides IMO.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!