Dave Stokes. Sad news 😪

Jesus this is shock dave was a ticket for winsford back in the day,and I have had the pleasure of bumping into him at least 3 times a year this defo will be a big massive upset to dave C as you state steve R.I.P Mr spinner of this is England fame you will be sorely missed Dave 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

I am stunned Steve, for the past 25 years there have not been many nighters where the two Daves haven't been when I got there. I am glad to have been able to call him a friend, he was a smashing bloke and was always willing to help someone out, he will be missed.

Rest peacefully old friend

Martyn & Carol x

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Oh blimey, this is sad news. Used to see Dave at the all nighters, Winsford, Keele, Stoke and a few of the local Sale/Stretford soul nites, Oakfield & the Greatstone always with his mate Dave C. A shock and another good soul gone. R.I.P Stokesy

Edited by Soulandy
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

It was time to say goodbye to Dave this morning and even under the restrictions imposed on us by the covid . I think we did him proud. 

Sleep well in soulful peace my friend until we meet again at the nighter in the sky.  

Ste. n Lou XX X 

20210423_160113.jpg

20210423_160208.jpg

20210423_160217.jpg

Thanks for posting this up Steve. If I'd of known about this today I'd of gone and paid my respects to Dave. R.I.P

Edited by Soulandy
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

Thanks for posting this up Steve. If I'd of known about this today I'd of gone and paid my respects to Dave. R.I.P

Andy.  It was family only originally then  I got told off  Lou on Wednesday night that it was on FB that friend's could go and stand outside. So myself and 5 others turned up.  Very nice and fitting service,  then we went the Rope and Anchor to spend time with Daves family for a few hour's 

15 minutes ago, Billywhizz said:

is that Dave with red vest on 

Yes Billy  on the this England programme dancing to Judy Street.  

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!