JMAuction - 07/04/2021 - Results!

I also find the Sparkels 45 gigantic... I used to have the blue Stock Copy.  I always found the stock copy a bit rarer. But I never thought the demo would go through the roof like this ... someone was desperate and had a nervous finger ...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Thanks for posting as usual. Sparkels worth more than this, such a great record, virtually priceless, don’t expect to see many of this one up for sale in the near future. Kenny Carlton also a quality sound, hard to find in nice condition, someone will be mighty pleased with this purchase. Some really good records up for auction in the next few weeks so more PB’s expected. Full marks for John for livening up Wednesday evenings.

Social source share

Thanks for posting as always ☺🙏

Paulette. Love you baby.  Always liked it. Never known how much it was worth.  

Sparkles.  Never in a million years is it worth that, sure there was one on here recently for £700 ish maybe £750

Joe Simon.  £172 . Mad, mad world. 

Linda  Lyndell.  £192. As above Stark raving mad. 

But hey what do I  know 🤔

Ste

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks for posting as always ☺🙏

Paulette. Love you baby.  Always liked it. Never known how much it was worth.  

Sparkles.  Never in a million years is it worth that, sure there was one on here recently for £700 ish maybe £750

Joe Simon.  £172 . Mad, mad world. 

Linda  Lyndell.  £192. As above Stark raving mad. 

But hey what do I  know 🤔

Ste

Do seem a tad unrealistic but then I listen to this gem.

And I begin to think that the buyers of Lyndell and Simon each got a bargain if the alternative is this Ides of March/Blood Sweat & Tears soundalike on offer elsewhere at more than twice the price.

Edited by Modernsoulsucks
Social source share

9 hours ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

Do seem a tad unrealistic but then I listen to this gem.

And I begin to think that the buyers of Lyndell and Simon each got a bargain if the alternative is this Ides of March/Blood Sweat & Tears soundalike on offer elsewhere at more than twice the price.

Don't really know what Joe Medwick's tune has got anything to do with this, but neither Ides Of March or Blood, Sweat & Tears sounded like this at the time of release for the Medwick 45.

Instead, I think Medwick's direct influence on Bobby Bland is really obvious in this track. If Medwick had still been on Don Robey/Duke's roster of writers it could just as well have been a Bobby Bland recording.

You may not like it, but saying that it's an IOM or BS&T soundalike seems a bit rich.

Social source share

The way auction prices are going up by silly amounts, really knocks the price guides to pieces!

The sudden massive price increases, knock all the years/decades of accepted prices, out of the window!

I hope we have seen the last of price guides!  They only  increased prices anyway! 

No one who had a guide wanted to sell a record for less than guide price, as they would feel shortchanged. 

This made a bottom price a seller would accept. The record price could only go up from there!

Edited by Halogen
Social source share

1 hour ago, Halogen said:

The way prices are going up by silly amounts on auctions, really knocks price guides to pieces!

The sudden massive price increases, knocks all the years/decades of approximate accepted prices, out of the window!

I hope we have seen the last of price guides!  They only  increased prices anyway! 

No one who had a guide wanted to sell a record for less than guide price, as they would feel shortchanged. 

This made a bottom price, and the record could only go up! 

All the Price Guides are now out of date, and that's what they were, simply a rough guide, not a price-list. Each time a rare record sells nowadays, it fetches more than the previous copy, supply decreases further so prices rise. On John's website, the condition of auction items makes a huge difference to the final sales price but there’s the assurance you are buying from one of the world’s top dealers. That’s why you see ultra-rare records like Paulette up for auction on John’s site.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!