Goodway Soul

Just the one beauty today.
Sound files available on request, PM any questions or to reserve.

SOLD Silhouettes – Not me baby – Goodway 101 Promo M- £2000 SOLD

It’s a fact that this 45 wasn’t released to sell on the open market and was simply used to promote the reinvention of this Philly doo-wop group, known mainly for their 1958 chart topper “Get a job”. The album titled “The Original and New Silhouettes” featured previous recordings by original members, including lead Bill Horton of Kayden label fame, and 3 new recordings by a mix of old and new members, including a “John Bootsie Wilson” vocal lead on “Not me baby” before he slipped back into the same obscurity associated with so many unheralded Northern artists.

The 45 is a legacy of the intent to promote the New Silhouettes and kick start careers, and only available as a packaged insert in the album sleeve. It’s rarity was cemented even further through its production and marketing by Goodway, a printing company, rather than any well-known record publishing group, like Bell where it was recorded. It’s this typical down on your luck storyline and the style of music of course that resonates with Northern fans all over the world, making it one of a select bunch that still has DJs and collectors scouring the world for to the present day and beyond. Mint Minus vinyl.  Immaculate mesmeric blue and green swirl labels, with the top side label only showing 1/2 the catalogue number due to casual label fixing at pressing plant, the scourge of a few copies I’ve seen.

PayPal as friends or add 4% please or I can send bank details.

Fully insured postage included.
Overseas postage on Request.

Cheers, Lee

8483D37D-99DA-49E1-80F2-A81DCFE8718E.thumb.jpeg.538046205ca63d1a064a9277de81a6f9.jpeg
F6967033-F9DF-4219-A8D4-1E1946E2D64F.thumb.jpeg.6e4c939d761c34f23c15d9837ea2bccd.jpeg

Edited by Soulfulsolutions
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source