Posted (edited)

I vaguely remember having a conversation on here about cleaning Alloys. But can't remember who it was with.

Below is what I have used for a few years . And the result it gives 

I also washed,   waxed and gloss finished the car today- spring clean.  5 hours without doing the inside,  as you can see it's gleaming 

Ste 

20210413_191336.jpg

Screenshot_20210413-192303_Google.jpg

20210413_191320.jpg

Edited by Winsford Soul
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 10
  • Views 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wash and polish the car, scrub the tyres,  clean the alloys then blackwall the tyres. All goes together 

Mick . The car is now four years old  and they are still good to go.  The design helps because the tyres hang over the Alloys by about 10mm . Just changed them nearly £600 for  a set of 18" conti

I do believe that conversation was with myself Steve.....on the "Life skills/tips" thread where I was recommending Meguiars Tyre Gel as a wipe on refurbishment for all exterior black metal/plastic/rub

Posted Images

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mick Reed said:

Nice to see a alloy wheel without curb rash🙂

Mick . The car is now four years old  and they are still good to go. 

The design helps because the tyres hang over the Alloys by about 10mm . Just changed them nearly £600 for  a set of 18" continentals . Only replaced like for like. Really happy with them..  

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

I vaguely remember having a conversation on here about cleaning Alloys. But can't remember who it was with.

Below is what I have used for a few years . And the result it gives 

I also washed,   waxed and gloss finished the car today- spring clean.  5 hours without doing the inside,  as you can see it's gleaming 

Ste 

20210413_191336.jpg

Screenshot_20210413-192303_Google.jpg

20210413_191320.jpg

I do believe that conversation was with myself Steve.....on the "Life skills/tips" thread where I was recommending Meguiars Tyre Gel as a wipe on refurbishment for all exterior black metal/plastic/rubber components.

Anyway, nice job, and you're making me feel really guilty for not having done mine yet!

- Kev

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Yip nice Steve makes me cringe when yu see people scrape them up the curb.Try showroom shine for tyre black stays on and smell like pear drops.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
11 hours ago, Kevinkent said:

I do believe that conversation was with myself Steve.....on the "Life skills/tips" thread where I was recommending Meguiars Tyre Gel as a wipe on refurbishment for all exterior black metal/plastic/rubber components.

Anyway, nice job, and you're making me feel really guilty for not having done mine yet!

- Kev

Thanks Kev. Had a feeling it was you . Ive still not tried the Meguires tyre gel , next on my list mate, thanks for reminding me.

Only takes four minutes for the spray to do its job then wash off and dry. Highly recommended, as you can all see it works fine

Steve

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
Just now, Hornet said:

Carnt really believe people polish there tyres is this an April 1st thread 

I can't believe that people polish their tyres without first scrubbing them clean. Pointless exercise, whatever day of the month it is. 

- Kev

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Hornet said:

Carnt really believe people polish there tyres is this an April 1st thread 

Wash and polish the car, scrub the tyres,  clean the alloys then blackwall the tyres. All goes together 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

£5 gets U A hand car wash ! My days of cleaning A car R long gone , free air freshener 2 ! 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
11 minutes ago, Hornet said:

£5 gets U A hand car wash ! My days of cleaning A car R long gone , free air freshener 2 ! 

Must admit I normal get the car washed then do the wax n tyres myself but this time I did it all myself.  I had been off road and it was rather muddy couldn't wait for the car wash place to open 

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. Alloy Wheels For Sale Or Swap
    General Sales by aintgotit on Wed 30 Mar 2011
    • 3 / 761
    • aintgotit on 31 Mar 2011