Posted (edited)

No great surprise that this has come to light , as the so called top 6 clubs have been looking at ways to extract more milk out of the proverbial fat footy cow for a while . 

I’m just so disappointed that my club is one of them.

However it’s again no great surprise, given the fact that most of the clubs are now owned by foreign business consortiums that only have the interest of making more money with having no real sense of history or what clubs stand for.  

If this is what the call progress, then I’m glad I’m close to calling it a day, in more ways than one. 

Well done Foxes ! 

AC1EAA37-72B8-4D2E-A971-A64B051633F2.jpeg

Edited by Stevegods
  • Up vote 5
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 159
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the t-shirt Leeds players are warming up in tonight  #Glazersout   

Some funnies circulating. Ed

No great surprise that this has come to light , as the so called top 6 clubs have been looking at ways to extract more milk out of the proverbial fat footy cow for a while .  I’m just so disappoi

Posted Images

Posted

Uefa has warned clubs that they face being banned from domestic and international competitions if they set up a rival to the Champions League.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 hours ago, Stevegods said:

No great surprise that this has come to light , as the so called top 6 clubs have been looking at ways to extract more milk out of the proverbial fat footy cow for a while . 

I’m just so disappointed that my club is one of them.

However it’s again no great surprise, given the fact that most of the clubs are now owned by foreign business consortiums that only have the interest of making more money with having no real sense of history or what clubs stand for.  

If this is what the call progress, then I’m glad I’m close to calling it a day, in more ways than one. 

Well done Foxes ! 

AC1EAA37-72B8-4D2E-A971-A64B051633F2.jpeg

My utter disgust at the greed of the so called big 6 is tempered by my sadness for the true fans of these clubs steve. I don't believe any proper fan would ever be happy with this seedy money grab. The emergence of my own club as a threat to the status quo fills me with pride and sadness 😥.  If leicesters success was the death of the potential for a whu or suchlike to win the league like we did i would be truly devastated. Sport without hope and a level playing field is finished. 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Its a sad day for football if this happens . Pure and utter greed. . Once again these foreign owners are trying to make as much money as possible with complete and utter disregard for the fans. 

I hope that the governing bodies relegate the clubs involved and hit them with the salary caps that go with it and all the other financial implications might have a effect on the breakaway clubs. These owners only understand money and profits nothing else matters unless your a plaything like city are for the Arabs where any financial implications wouldn't affect them whatsoever as they're richer than uefa,  fifa, English Premier league etc put together.  

Disgusted and really sad😥😥

PS Good luck for the FA Cup lads 👍

#thegamesgone

Ste

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 4
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

Its a sad day for football if this happens . Pure and utter greed. . Once again these foreign owners are trying to make as much money as possible with complete and utter disregard for the fans. 

I hope that the governing bodies relegate the clubs involved and hit them with the salary caps that go with it and all the other financial implications might have a effect on the breakaway clubs. These owners only understand money and profits nothing else matters unless your a plaything like city are for the Arabs where any financial implications wouldn't affect them whatsoever as they're richer than uefa,  fifa, English Premier league etc put together.  

Disgusted and really sad😥😥

PS Good luck for the FA Cup lads 👍

Ste

Thanks steve genuinely feel for the proper utd pool spurs fans etc your clubs have been stolen and used for armchair "fans" in the rest of the world, truly shocking.

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Cannot see it happening seems to me a reaction to UEFA plan for a 36 team competition which creates more meaningless matches for the teams that will eventually win the competition.

The Europa Cup is a meaningless competition due to the amount of dross taking part so why put the elite teams amongst them , think the big clubs are using the super League threat as a bargaining tool.

But football now is just business and not the better for it.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Its coming and here to stay UNLESS uefa give a much bigger percentage of income to the clubs involved from what they get now.

Even FIFA can't stop it. Sepp Blatter and others have had a very nice income from being ' a self appointed ' governing body.

Look at boxing. 4 world governing bodies all now sharing the pot.

Look at the USA sports. No in and no out unless agreed by the members. Nothing to do with results.

Soccer players salaries are chicken feed to American football players and basketball players.

Its a business, and the best kind are protected from competition.

The eventual 20 teams involved generate more income that all the other teams in Europe combined.

Money is power. Without all these foreign investors in the prem, it would still be like the championship.

I dont like it, but its reality unless a huge deal is done by uefa in my opinion.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Mourinho Sacked - Don't come looking for Brendan Rodgers all you Spurs fans.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

Not sure how true it is - but I’ve heard from a couple of Spurs fans it was because he refused to walk the team out if they did join the Super League . 

I think Spurs will be the winners now as it had looked as though the same thing was happening as it did at Chelsea and United .. their style will change and hopefully players will start giving again 

This could be all smoke and mirrors on Jose’s part to cover up his own failings yet again .

How do Spurs fans feel 

Edited by Stevegods
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

To quote  Sir Matt Busby. As Manchester United started the English journey into European football.  Football is nothing without the fans. And this is nothing but more rip off  costs for fans. 

How can it happen without Bayern Munich who have probably been the most consistent team in the champions league in the last 25 years,  is there a season when they haven't reached the quarter finals.  🤔. PSG. Who will probably win it this year , another team not involved.  

Sorry but it's the final straw for me as a United fan 

#Glazersout 

As it Stands only United and City of the so called big six would qualify for next seasons champions league.  Leicester City and West ham have earned the right to play the Real Madrid,s and Bayern Munichs , Juventus, of this world and the dreams of the fans to watch the best players in the world at their home grounds taking on the local heroes.  

Edited by Winsford Soul
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Regarding the Super League. I think it is obvious that this would happen. In the USA the NFL have signed a 10 year deal for over $100 billion. The NFL is watched by mainly Americans with a possible TV audience of around 300 million. Footy is watched by maybe 5 billion worldwide. TV will get involved. JP Morgan are huge financial backers. Pay per view will increase. German clubs are 51% fan owned but may try to join. However this pure money income and sod the grass roots. 

I think it is a bargaining tool at the very least. The invention of the Premier League started it and I reckon it will be the start of the elite select group of the wealthy getting more and more!    

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Manchester United have resigned from the European Club Association and Ed Woodward has stepped down from his role with Uefa amid the club's involvement with the Super League.

WOW! it's happening - how sad, what a bunch ofmuppets.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

Manchester United have resigned from the European Club Association and Ed Woodward has stepped down from his role with Uefa amid the club's involvement with the Super League.

WOW! it's happening - how sad, what a bunch ofmuppets.

And Chelsea now!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

They should be cutting back on games never mind more fixture congestion.

Is this an April fools joke?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It has been reported that under FA/PL rules that the clubs can be kicked out of the PL if they get involved with any outside competitions? So maybe it will just be a Euro Super League. Next it will be games being played say between Liverpool v Real Madrid in Dubai!!  

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

The clubs generate the dosh.

These associations are just a cost deemed too expensive. Million pound pen pushers in billion pound offices.

Interesting this comes out before just before new formats announced for euro Cup competitions...obviously not the deal acceptable by the big 20.

Most interesting though....  the Spanish clubs....supposed to be fan owned?

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

The Germans aren't interested due to the fans having a say in all matters.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
54 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

This season, Mourinho suffered 10 league defeats in a single campaign for the first time in his managerial career.

No Premier League side has lost more points from winning positions this season than Spurs, who have dropped 20.

Got to say, when Spurs were playing well...they were magnificent.

JM is welcome at rovrum....just needs to work with the decimal point moving 2 places.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

This season, Mourinho suffered 10 league defeats in a single campaign for the first time in his managerial career.

No Premier League side has lost more points from winning positions this season than Spurs, who have dropped 20.

Got to say, when Spurs were playing well...they were magnificent.

JM is welcome at rovrum....just needs to work with the decimal point moving 2 places.

Ed

Your team is flirting mighty dangerously with the drop - what do you reckon?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
12 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

The Germans aren't interested due to the fans having a say in all matters.

Bayern Munich i believe are 51% owned by the fans so probably a bit more involved to sign up at this moment.... but they will.😁

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
9 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

Your team is flirting mighty dangerously with the drop - what do you reckon?

Its still in our hands. Hope springs eternal.

However, based on the last 3 performances, its more likely we will be looking forward to a weekend in Blackpool than Bournemouth next season.

Lady luck has deserted us. On the other hand we only went up on a fluke, spent zero money, and have had the better players injured for most of the campaign.

Kay sera sera...I think the song goes.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

Its still in our hands. Hope springs eternal.

However, based on the last 3 performances, its more likely we will be looking forward to a weekend in Blackpool than Bournemouth next season.

Lady luck has deserted us. On the other hand we only went up on a fluke, spent zero money, and have had the better players injured for most of the campaign.

Kay sera sera...I think the song goes.

Ed

Soft spot for you guys , have relatives in that neck of the woods. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Rotherham is a solid English club and will always be around the lower leagues but never out in the cold.

Good Luck Pal !

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

This "Super League" idea has been kicking about for years; look at Arsene Wenger's comments today. The solidarity that has existed in the English game has eroded since the creation of the Premier League and the Football Association's (and Premier League's) inability to prevent many of our historic clubs being purchased by foreign billionaire's and proxy foreign government organisations for PROFIT not sporting endeavour.  Fans and supporters of all these clubs have slept walked into the situation that they are just considered to be customer's of a "Brand". More American involvement was always likely to lead to "closed shop" leagues because that is what happens in their sports franchises (sic). Look at the wealth accumulated by the owner of the club I have always supported, Arsenal. They own lots of sports clubs in the USA but rarely does that translate into sporting success yet the organisations are minted.

Unfortunately the organisations that are meant to run football, FIFA, UEFA and the like, also lack the moral high ground to be anything but hypocritical about this situation as they have moved from being regulatory bodies to sporting event companies trying to leverage as much lucre as possible from their own competitions so is it any wonder the large clubs are now acting as they are.

It is shameful though that these clubs believe they need a larger slice of the cake. Is there any other business where you purchase a single asset for £70m+ then maintain that asset at a cost of up to £20m per annum for 3 years before moving it on, usually at a loss or sometimes for nothing! There is more than enough money sloshing about at the top if they were only to resist some of the exceptionally high player costs. And kick out the Agents from the game.   

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It's time for a fans revolt, don't buy their merchandise or go to their games.  

ps. I'm banned from my clubs ground!:facepalm:

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

All bets are off.
Boris Johnson has stepped in to ensure the breakaway Super Noodle League will not come to fruition.

JOB DONE!

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Tattoodave said:

It's time for a fans revolt, don't buy their merchandise or go to their games.  

ps. I'm banned from my clubs ground!:facepalm:

They don’t care about Fan revolts .. they don’t really care about fans .. these consortiums are all about making more money. The American model is based on franchising .. and it’s not about the history of the club or it’s fan base. 

The timing of this is also interesting and it may well be what they perceive as the future. 

It may well turn many fans back to grassroots football and local small affordable club. Wealdstone / Borehamwood  here we come.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

I cant see many players revolting in those 12 clubs...

Ed

Time will tell, rumours already that klopp is quitting if this gets confirmed. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Time will tell, rumours already that klopp is quitting if this gets confirmed. 

The Rumour Mll will be working overtime with this one , and I’ve already heard that .. Like a lot of things people will use this as leverage , to meet their own ends and objectives. 

This is though the few rich clubs just trying to shake the whole football financial tree up and see what comes out . 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Klopps had a good run at Liverpool and lifted them up to great heights.
Could be time for a new lease of life.

Jose Mourinho is available for selection.

😁

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Prem clubs were getting £90m

Champ clubs £9m

Div 1 clubs £1m

Div 2 clubs £100k

On top of their own income.

Rumoured £500m for super league clubs.

If any of them have a bout of conscience, I will try and get Tony Stewart to take their place.

No such thing as a fair share in modern footy.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
25 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

Prem clubs were getting £90m

Champ clubs £9m

Div 1 clubs £1m

Div 2 clubs £100k

On top of their own income.

Rumoured £500m for super league clubs.

If any of them have a bout of conscience, I will try and get Tony Stewart to take their place.

No such thing as a fair share in modern footy.

Ed

There isn't a fair share in modern football but unlike the closed shop super league the English league system will reward you for success. If a team progresses through the league's on merit they are rewarded by earning more money in the higher league.  Not so long ago we were in div 1, the so called super league would not involve relegation so nobody can join the party.🤔

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Just spoke to a old mate. Massive United fan.  Until a few years ago he had only missed 9 home games in 25 seasons plus he went plenty of away games plus European games including 3 champions league finals.  Guess what.  He is not renewing his season ticket next season.  He has had enough.  That's sad when the Glazers don't actually give one flying fcuk about my mate Kev and the likes. . 

#Glazersout 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Definitely 4 quarters coming to fit more adverts on....

I'm sure we can live without 6 teams.

It will be interesting to see if these 6 will be allowed to carry on in the prem?

Imagine on doing shit, like one did a few years ago, and dropping into div 1, and playing super league Cup competitions...

arsenal got very close to being relegation bound earlier in the season.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Mick them out of the premier League now.  Southgate to announce players at so called  it 6, will not be considered for the Euros.  Not sure about a 22 but starting 11 of Butland, Coady, Keane, Mings, Bellingham, Rice, Phillips, Sancho, Watkins, Calvert-Lewin and Grealish will get my support.  If the mercenary's are there I won't be watching.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

A few years ago, I went to the Ajax and Feyenoord tournaments.

Man u had them and Arsenal i think.

By invitation only...

A way of making a few bob extra.

Will the national leagues still allow these teams to play...so as not to lose income?

Right now its uefa who would lose out if these teams do not play the champions league or mickey mouse Cup, but instead create their own cup.

Divide and conquer?

Interesting stuff.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
42 minutes ago, Supercorsa said:

How the hell do Spurs see themselves as a Big 6 club?

What have they won of merit inbthe past 20/30 years?

Figures are quite interesting.  Leicester have won the premiership and 2 league cups against spurs 2 league Cups in last 25 years. Everton have won the league 4 times more than spurs. Forest have won twice as many European cups as arsenal spurs man city and chelsea combined. Villa have won the European cup... spurs arsenal and man city haven't yet. 🤔

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Sad but been coming for some time...fifa/uefa had too much control for too long.....feathering their own interests..corrupt as..sad to see clubs involved hope it goes pear shaped for them all..especially as some were clubs involved in the creation of champions league format for their own benefit.I believe some of the big clubs were chosen on global fanbase..cannot be based on success..

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

This was just reported about the uefa President:

Ceferin was particularly critical of Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward and Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli, who have both stepped down from their roles at Uefa.

Agnelli was also a long-time president of the European Club Association (ECA), from which all 12 clubs involved in the ESL have resigned.

"He's probably one of the biggest disappointments, or the biggest disappointment of all," said Ceferin.

"I don't want to be too personal. But the fact is that I've never seen a person that would lie so many times, so persistently that he did was unbelievable.

"I spoke with him also on Saturday afternoon. He said, 'These are all only rumours. Don't worry, nothing is going on'. And then he said, 'I'll call you in one hour'. And he turned off the phone."

On Woodward, Ceferin added: "I didn't have much contact with him but he called me last Thursday in the evening saying that he's very satisfied with the [Champions League] reforms, that he fully supports the reforms, and that the only thing he would like to speak about is about financial fair play.

"And obviously he already signed something else."

Some dodgy folks out there...

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

It will be interesting to see if these 6 will be allowed to carry on in the prem?

Maybe they should be banned from the football league and domestic competitions completely, I'd be content with that.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Well as much as these teams will make more money....fifa and others will lose money.

Let the battle commence.

My money is on the super league teams....if not now, it won't be long.

A risky business usually values at 5 times profit. A non risky business comes in at 20 times profit.

Guaranteed income is the goal, nothing more, nothing less, just like the USA models.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Interesting to hear Mr Klopp earlier, shows they don't even care about those that help put the pounds in the bank for them.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

The money is not in the clubs fans, not at h9me anyway.  The money is in the middle and far east where millions will pay to watch these games.  

Fans are nothing if not fickle and once this gets going, if it goes ahead, the fans despite all the gesticulating and protest will still watch their teams.

This has been mooted for years but has always been kicked down the road. However this time it is far more serious. A lot of ground work has already been done, legal action already underway on behalf of the super league clubs in various territories.  Financing has already been secured, they are far more serious about this than ever. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

On the other hand maybe they should let these 12 clubs form their WWF Harlem Globetrotters Soccer Circus and lets see the fans of these clubs walk away and set up their own fan based clubs much like AFC Salford. These big grounds with no fans to create any atmosphere, as we have seen, does not make good viewing. Whilst they are at it lets go back to making Association Football a contact sport again and dump VAR and these bizarre lines on a screen to see that a player is offside by a toe nail or a penalty is given for the slightest of contact! 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. 15 Super Sounds - In A League Of Their Own
    Record Sales by Roger Banks on Fri 23 Apr 2021
    • 1 / 614