Posted
4 minutes ago, Soulfusion said:

On the other hand maybe they should let these 12 clubs form their WWF Harlem Globetrotters Soccer Circus and lets see the fans of these clubs walk away and set up their own fan based clubs much like AFC Salford. These big grounds with no fans to create any atmosphere, as we have seen, does not make good viewing. Whilst they are at it lets go back to making Association Football a contact sport again and dump VAR and these bizarre lines on a screen to see that a player is offside by a toe nail or a penalty is given for the slightest of contact! 

Thats Two of my mates now .  United fans since kids  not renewing next year's season tickets, How many more at how many clubs

So fcuking sad that it's come down to this. 

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 159
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the t-shirt Leeds players are warming up in tonight  #Glazersout   

Some funnies circulating. Ed

No great surprise that this has come to light , as the so called top 6 clubs have been looking at ways to extract more milk out of the proverbial fat footy cow for a while .  I’m just so disappoi

Posted Images

Posted

Super league,super whatever league if they go fair enough but they cannot be allowed to stay in the premier league as well. No having your cake and eating it. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

75000 x £50 = £3.75m per home game.

Call it £4m with pie sales x 25 home games for man United.....£100m...add £10m for car parking:)

Total revenue £620m last year.

On offer just to be in the super league...up to £500m

From a business prospectus, and don't forget the banks have charges on United, its a no brainer.

When you can borrow money for peanuts, and get a solid double digit return by buying a guaranteed income super league club, it supercedes noisy fans and politicians.

Not many green and yellow scarves at United these days, metaphorically speaking.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It seems to be an unmitigated PR disaster though; and the Director's/Owner's of these clubs do not appear to have included the playing and coaching staff in this short sighted process. Since nearly all ex professionals are lining up to say how bad this idea is one would assume current players will feel the same. With the threat of no World Cup for these players it would be very interesting to know how busy their agents' phones have been today!!!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

All of those advertising boards flashing away distracting you from watching the game.

It really is all about the money.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
33 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thats Two of my mates now .  United fans since kids  not renewing next year's season tickets, How many more at how many clubs

So fcuking sad that it's come down to this. 

It is very sad Steve but even sadder is the fact that there will be 10’s of thousands of those who will take up those unwanted season tickets because they want to see live football . 

The ones that will loose out here are the true long time supports of the so called big 6 clubs. Then those clubs will have to deal with the fall out from any expulsions or sanctions the FIFA and UEFA impose on them - I can see a long running court battle for control .

Praise to Klopp ,Gary and Carra for laying their cards on the table . 

Love the Leeds T Shirts 

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Seeing is believing.

If you've ever been to a usa nba or nfl game, you will know its all about the money.

Stop start, sponsors ads, ridiculous prices, and a relentless getting up and down of fans during the game.

Soccer is not that far behind either.

Ed

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

The only good thing is the size of those Frankfurters.

Mind you America has always been a fast food paradise.

Edited by Rudzy
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Latest rumour is 6 northern soul promoters are creating a super league of events management.....

I'll leave you to guess at who the gang of six are:)

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

What's really sad is all of the clubs involved are millions of Euros in debt.
and they just keep borrowing and borrowing more money with no intention of settling up.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Leeds have won their last three games 2-1.

But tonight they are 0-1 down at home to Liverpool with 20 minutes to go.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

We were all thrilled by the energy Leeds brought to the Prem and they have done a good job in maintaining a very high standard of football in their first season back in the Big Time.

Could still finish Top 6

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Followed Liverpool since i was a young lad,through the good and bad times.

Guess what,not anymore,i am done with football,it's not the game i was brought

up with,just Buisness and Profit,that is it,not for me,boring nonsense,sick and tired of it all.

Should be ashamed of themselves,all of them,ruining the game like this,feel sorry for the

genuine fans of all clubs.

Even if the Super League does not happen,it is only a matter of time before something

else raises it's ugly head,just keep working it up the genuine working class fans,

enough is enough,i'm out.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

i dipise Neville cause hes Man u     fkin hate him  of course i do         but he spoke and behaved like a true warrior lat night   He was brilliant   These fkers dont know or want to know    They will never be Man u or City     No idea about the Soul of Liverpool    Never will they be Chelsea   or the Gooners for that matter   We dont need them    Total disrespect of everything we are       Total    Imagine kicking the Judas clubs out  all together     it goes beyond Tribalism this      ,Fkin yanks with the big arses 

Were all in this together           

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Reports on foxestalk that chelsea are withdrawing.???

Theynare preparing documentation to requests withdrawal, hopefully the rest follow.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I wouldn’t be surprised that none of them pull out as I would imagine that these greedy swines have had the best business lawyers money can buy to see if they can be stopped. When I think of all the banter and sometimes bad feeling towards the mancs etc and vice versa and almost falling out with mates and even relatives out of loyalty for what ?? They (Yankee owners ) don’t have a bloody clue about passion , well f#%* em . Any road it’ll save me a Bob or two so I can thank em for that lol . Sorry to anyone if things got a bit frayed in the past on here or elsewhere, all in vain at the end of day ( if it goes through) but the trust and respect is gone now . Ynwa 

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
21 hours ago, Rudzy said:

What's really sad is all of the clubs involved are millions of Euros in debt.
and they just keep borrowing and borrowing more money with no intention of settling up.

I don’t think Liverpool are , maybe I’m wrong but it’s driven mostly by Real Madrid I read to get them out of the shit 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

If the managers of the 6 stick together and reject it , and the players ,maybe it will get the boot 

Edited by Colnago
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Just heard that United will be withdrawing from the ESL. 

#GLAZERSOUT 

As angry as leicester fans are this is about the owners of the 6 clubs , we are all fans the owners are certainly not.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Info from others I know indicating that City are about to pull out as well.

As a life long United fan with 30 years being a paying supporter in past years, this should lead to all fans of all clubs demonstrating beyond this collapse (assuming it does fall on its face)to demand some sort of reconfiguration of the whole corrupt mess to create something on the German model. If nothing else it has to result in those t*#ts being forced out of the club I love!!!!

Regards.

Drew.

• Up vote 5
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

As angry as leicester fans are this is about the owners of the 6 clubs , we are all fans the owners are certainly not.

Totally agree.  The Glazers are a disgrace 😤.  Massive fan meeting for Glazers out campaign at Old Trafford on Saturday at 3pm. Green and gold resurrection .

All the fans of the six clubs are the same.  United against this ESL. 

#Glazersout 

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Totally agree.  The Glazers are a disgrace 😤.  Massive fan meeting for Glazers out campaign at Old Trafford on Saturday at 3pm. Green and gold resurrection .

All the fans of the six clubs are the same.  United against this ESL. 

#Glazersout 

Ed woodward reportedly resigned. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Ed woodward reportedly resigned. 

Should have realised that with Woodward involved this "deal" would never get over the line!!!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Woodward the wnaker has resigned.  Yippee.  There is a god 🙏

The BBC are reporting Woodward leaving end if 2021. 

Edited by Winsford Soul
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Woodward the wnaker has resigned.  Yippee.  There is a god 🙏

The BBC are reporting Woodward leaving end if 2021. 

Gardening leave if he hangs about because hes done. Juve president looking like hes gone , the domino's are collapsing. 

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

United fan pal of mine sent me a text a short while ago that his eleven year old son said to him that, if ten million United fans around the world donated £200 each there would be enough to buy the Glaziers out!!! 😁👍

He's clearly better than I at math but all I could think of replying was "where's Capt. Tom when he's needed"!!!! 😁😁👍

Regards.

Drew.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

We have all had our differences on here regarding our teams and results but all I can say is total respect to each and everyone  as football fans together ❤👏 against this ESL.  

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

The lawyers could be having a field day, given that the 12 have signed a legally binding contract.  The interesting thing is that City and Chelsea have asked to withdraw, rather than just saying they've pulled out.

No idea what the penalties are but they are the 2 of the 12 who have the financial clout to take the hit.  That wouldn't be the same with the rest.

The next question is do the Premier League and/or EUFA penalise them?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Soulman58 said:

The lawyers could be having a field day, given that the 12 have signed a legally binding contract.  The interesting thing is that City and Chelsea have asked to withdraw, rather than just saying they've pulled out.

No idea what the penalties are but they are the 2 of the 12 who have the financial clout to take the hit.  That wouldn't be the same with the rest.

The next question is do the Premier League and/or EUFA penalise them?

Neil. Hope you're safe and well mate 👍.  Not sure about the legalities but United will have withdrawn by Friday.  Not sure why Friday unless there's a specific notice period 🤔.  

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Richard said:

100% should 

Already started.  United shares are down         6 3% on the stock exchange.  That will hurt the Glazers because that's all that they care about

#Glazersout 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

Already started.  United shares are down         6 3% on the stock exchange.  That will hurt the Glazers because that's all that they care about

#Glazersout 

Nothing against the fans as they’re the innocent party but don’t think the hierarchy of the clubs involved should get off Scott free 

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Richard said:

Nothing against the fans as they’re the innocent party but don’t think the hierarchy of the clubs involved should get off Scott free 

They should be all sacked , every single chairman and there underlings.  Looks like the managers,  where like the players,  the last to know. But we will never find out.

We will  never forget what these owners have done to the reputation of our much loved clubs 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
45 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Neil. Hope you're safe and well mate 👍.  Not sure about the legalities but United will have withdrawn by Friday.  Not sure why Friday unless there's a specific notice period 🤔.  

I'm good thanks Steve.  It's weird I think I was the only West Ham fan who didn't want to qualify for the Champions League, due to dread of how bad it could be.  But this has made me mad and now hope Leicester and us qualify rather than Chelski and Liverpool.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

The joke of it all is apparently my team, West Ham, were invited due to fan base but declined.

As much as I love my team us being in any Super League would make a complete mockery of it.

It is like Spurs being involved.

Derby, Nottingham Forest, Villa, Ajax all have much more of a European pedigree in more recent years.

As for City it’s only been a short time since they struck it rich but have no European Cup pedigree at all apart from 1 Cup Winners Cup.

Edited by Richard
  • Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. 15 Super Sounds - In A League Of Their Own
    Record Sales by Roger Banks on Fri 23 Apr 2021
    • 1 / 614
    • Roger Banks on 23 Apr 2021
  2. Lenon Honor Jr. - Super Lovers With Super Lovin
    Record Wants by Sacha on Sun 13 Nov 2016
    • 1 / 473
    • Sacha on 13 Nov 2016
  3. Super Bad Super Cool Bbc Radio
    Look At Your Box by mike on Sun 17 Jan 2010
    • 1 / 1020
    • mike on 17 Jan 2010
  4. Super List Few Rare And Some Super Cheap Classic
    Record Sales by Alfie79 on Tue 04 Apr 2017
    • 1 / 1097
    • Alfie79 on 04 Apr 2017
  5. 60s Soul Picture Sleeve 45s (uk, European, Japan, Us)
    Record Sales by Windlesoul on Thu 11 May 2017
    • 1 / 584
    • Windlesoul on 11 May 2017