Posted

Media frenzy keeping up with all this...

Talk about jumping in the deep end head first....

Its had more publicity than Harry and Meg.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 159
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the t-shirt Leeds players are warming up in tonight  #Glazersout   

Some funnies circulating. Ed

No great surprise that this has come to light , as the so called top 6 clubs have been looking at ways to extract more milk out of the proverbial fat footy cow for a while .  I’m just so disappoi

Posted Images

Posted

When the whole world decides to give you a bollocking - it's time for the 6 Sizzlers to take stock and act accordingly.

No doubt they will all see sense eventually, but it won't go away and they'll be back offering promotion and relegation as a carrot to tempt you in.

This could be an interesting development and be the only way it could work for everybody.

WOW! Man Utd fans your Double Glazers wish could finally be reaching it's goal.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

BREAKING NEWS

European Super League: All six Premier League teams set to withdraw from competition

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Tomangoes said:

Media frenzy keeping up with all this...

Talk about jumping in the deep end head first....

Its had more publicity than Harry and Meg.

Ed

It's certainly got everybody talking and sharing common ground like never before.

Gives Covid a rest.

⚽

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Divided by colours united by our love of the game. Well done to the fans of every club who wont let them steal our heritage. They dont understand its love not money for us.

• Up vote 4
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I bet all the media companies funding tv revenue to uefa for champions league coverage are happy today.

I wonder if uefa privately offered a bigger slice of the pie to the clubs involved?

I dont think those club owners just got a severe bout of conscience regarding upsetting fans.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
29 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

I bet all the media companies funding tv revenue to uefa for champions league coverage are happy today.

I wonder if uefa privately offered a bigger slice of the pie to the clubs involved?

I dont think those club owners just got a severe bout of conscience regarding upsetting fans.

Ed

Not convinced, reading between the lines, I think at this point they were worried about player/manager feedback and getting kicked out of the Premier League.  Interesting that the ESL think they were not breaking European law, however UK law would be a different issue.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

Divided by colours united by our love of the game. Well done to the fans of every club who wont let them steal our heritage. They dont understand its love not money for us.

Not sure if it was really fan power , but it helped for sure .

These foreign owners have not only misjudged the groundswell of English passion for the game, but what other employer would carry out a workplace change in the way they have tried. I just find it so incredible, that so called top businesses, try and manage a workplace change in 2021, like they are the Slave owners back in the early 1800’s. 

LFC - Shame on you - Henry - Apologies are a bit too late - you know nothing about history and football . 

#RespectGeorgeFloydResult 

22F8C5F3-7845-4E21-A7DB-5B1025936987.jpeg

2095F128-2C32-4505-AA8E-01D870177C51.jpeg

Edited by Stevegods
  • Up vote 5
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

The wording of some of the apologies did make me giggle.

Some of them were a bit “yeah but nah but yeah” 🤣

What a kerfuffle.

Edited by Richard
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

People power can be amazing.

It killed the poll tax and its definitely impacted in football with the kneeling before a game.

Its at least kicked the super league into the long grass for now.

Up the revolution!

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
Just now, Tomangoes said:

It killed the poll tax and its definitely impacted in football with the kneeling before a game.

Up the revolution!

Ed

Spot on and social media makes it even more powerful.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
44 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

Up the revolution!

Ed

I wouldn’t count me chickens if I were you, they’re already saying about reformatting it 🙄

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Does not change anything for me,

Liverpool will not get another penny out of me,they have gone too far.

LFC and the other five hang your heads in shame you shower of 

t**ts, they were prepared to go ahead with it and fcuk the fans over,all for greed,they do not care about their fans,the very fact that they were going to do it proves to me what they think of us.

My message is clear,my response is to

walk,fcuk them all,they are not worthy

to hold their positions,zero interest from me.

CU**S all of them.

Edited by Mustang
  • Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
16 minutes ago, Richard said:

I wouldn’t count me chickens if I were you, they’re already saying about reformatting it 🙄

As with everything the devil will be in the detail.  Not against a different competition, as the Champions League/UEFA are nothing to be proud of, but it needs to be that a competition not a franchise/monopoly.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Good news overnight, but it won't be the end of this. It'll crop up again at some point. At least sense has prevailed for now.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
53 minutes ago, Soulman58 said:

As with everything the devil will be in the detail.  Not against a different competition, as the Champions League/UEFA are nothing to be proud of, but it needs to be that a competition not a franchise/monopoly.

Absolutely this, there is no problem with change or reward but the riches and chance of glory have to be available to everyone not just 6. My major hope would be long term the fans have a much greater say in the everyday running of their clubs. At my club we have brilliant owners but anything can change.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Mustang said:

Does not change anything for me,

Liverpool will not get another penny out of me,they have gone too far.

LFC and the other five hang your heads in shame you shower of 

t**ts, they were prepared to go ahead with it and fcuk the fans over,all for greed,they do not care about their fans,the very fact that they were going to do it proves to me what they think of us.

My message is clear,my response is to

walk,fcuk them all,they are not worthy

to hold their positions,zero interest from me.

CU**S all of them.

I understand your anger completely but you shouldn't walk the club is yours not those in charge. They are mere custodians fans are there for life.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

If these Mega-Bucks Clubs are really serious about getting their houses in order they would start by looking at how much they are OVER PAYING their players and bring a feasable Wage Structure into the work place.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It is our very spirit  some things are just not about money     something they will never accept or understand  We were dancing with the Devil when these clubs sold to these owners     Man u cant be bought by some americans   never        im so Leeds  for 45 years but all the "proper lads"  in Leeds will be in total support of our brothers and sisters around the country   im no spokeperson but that is how people are feeling      .We know all about selling your soul   with the Bates history  we have     Spurs ffsake there shite anyway  we have more history as do Forest Ajax   the German clubs     The lawyers will get some pay days now as they edge forward  nothing too  quickly  though   Thank heavens for the Bury Virtual All Nighter  on Saturday   eh !  

M

• Up vote 3
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Absolutely they are all a bunch of C**** i think everybody on here will vouch for that.

This is the fans passion that is sorely lacking in  Spain / Italy and their owners would love to tap into the Premier League model to spruce up their own little Leagues.

English Premier League #1 in the world.

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Now I’m wondering what happened to the ‘legally binding agreement’ they signed up , or was that bullshit for some cynical reason or are they lacking so much integrity that the ‘agreement being legal ‘ meant nothing to them , no honour amongst thieves.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
15 minutes ago, Colnago said:

Now I’m wondering what happened to the ‘legally binding agreement’ they signed up , or was that bullshit for some cynical reason or are they lacking so much integrity that the ‘agreement being legal ‘ meant nothing to them , no honour amongst thieves.

The same legislation that players stick to when they want a transfer half way through their contracts 🤔😁👍. Mercenaries.  

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Beat me up Scottie. It’s football, but not as we know it.

A stupid scheme, doomed to fail from the outset. Well done to the Chelsea fans for protesting. Big pat on the back for Leeds players who stood up for the ‘small’ teams. Credit to Pep and Jurgen for speaking up; the club owners failed to consult the players, managers and most importantly, the supporters - no wonder the idea was killed off within 48 hours.

We now know the club owners are a scourge on the game. They saw trouble heading their way, revenues falling, negative publicity and realised their plan was utter rubbish, totally unworkable and insulting to the fine teams of Germany, France, Portugal etc and undermined the English league system.

I hope the fans continue to remind the club-financiers who are the real owners  of the game once grounds open up again.

• Up vote 4
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
9 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

I understand your anger completely but you shouldn't walk the club is yours not those in charge. They are mere custodians fans are there for life.

Agree with you mate,but,can't be arsed with it anymore,nice to see all supporters

rallying together though,sometimes a common cause wins the argument. :thumbsup: :hatsoff2:

9 hours ago, Rudzy said:

1031630196_CALMDOWN.jpg.ed72dfa6e863ed56fab579015df23f3b.jpg

:thumbup: :lol::lol::lol: :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

And today the Rangers and Celtic joining the English Premier League thing is resurfacing.

Maybe we should invite AC Milan, Inter, Barca, Real Madrid etc.

Ohhhh, hold on 😮

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
11 minutes ago, Richard said:

And today the Rangers and Celtic joining the English Premier League thing is resurfacing.

Maybe we should invite AC Milan, Inter, Barca, Real Madrid etc.

Ohhhh, hold on 😮

Yea saw that , lets just let them in and famous old clubs like forest derby Wednesday etc can carry on battling to get in the old fashioned way....... on merit. God help us.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Leicester Boy said:

Yea saw that , lets just let them in and famous old clubs like forest derby Wednesday etc can carry on battling to get in the old fashioned way....... on merit. God help us.

Totally against the Celtic / rangers duo but it would be fun to see the prick gerrard get his arse kicked every week because no way on this planet are Celtic and rangers good enough for the premiership . 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
54 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Totally against the Celtic / rangers duo but it would be fun to see the prick gerrard get his arse kicked every week because no way on this planet are Celtic and rangers good enough for the premiership . 

Them joining would destroy scottish football and wouldn't be fair on the non Premier league teams but i would have no problem with a British cup to replace the league cup with all the scottish teams invited to participate. 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I think if Nicola Sturgeon get's in she'll put a block on anything to do with a British Cup.

Oh dear, i'm getting political.

😉

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

I think if Nicola Sturgeon get's in she'll put a block on anything to do with a British Cup.

😉

🤣

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
12 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

😉

Fan dabbee dozzy.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

You could go down the 6 Nations Route like the Rugby.

ENGLAND
SCOTLAND
IRELAND
WALES
FRANCE
ITALY

or kick France and Italy out and bring in U.S.A. & AUSTRALIA.

🙂

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Rudzy said:

You could go down the 6 Nations Route like the Rugby.

ENGLAND
SCOTLAND
IRELAND
WALES
FRANCE
ITALY

or kick France and Italy out and bring in U.S.A. & AUSTRALIA.

🙂

Didnt that used to be the four nations until greed reared its ugly head. Sounds familiar 🤔

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Stevegods said:

Never read anything written on toilet paper . 

As said not just in the current bun, it was the quickest I could find 

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

In other words something a journalist has made up. EUFA will never allow it for one,  either would the English clubs who would have to make way for them. 

Don’t shoot the messenger 🤣

Edited by Richard
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
25 minutes ago, Richard said:

Nothing wrong with the Sun. Daily paper of choice in Manchester 😁

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Richard said:

If the reports are to be believed it is the plans of the big six.  However I doubt the bug six have made any moves after the weekends fiasco, they wouldn't have the nerve.  I doubt any of the reports are credible.

Besides the other 14 clubs are making plans to reduce the influence of the so called big six, making them leave committees and panels etc to begin with.

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. 15 Super Sounds - In A League Of Their Own
    Record Sales by Roger Banks on Fri 23 Apr 2021
    • 1 / 614
    • Roger Banks on 23 Apr 2021
  2. Lenon Honor Jr. - Super Lovers With Super Lovin
    Record Wants by Sacha on Sun 13 Nov 2016
    • 1 / 473
    • Sacha on 13 Nov 2016
  3. Super Bad Super Cool Bbc Radio
    Look At Your Box by mike on Sun 17 Jan 2010
    • 1 / 1020
    • mike on 17 Jan 2010
  4. Super List Few Rare And Some Super Cheap Classic
    Record Sales by Alfie79 on Tue 04 Apr 2017
    • 1 / 1097
    • Alfie79 on 04 Apr 2017
  5. Any Experts On European Bobby Bland 45s Out There?
    Look At Your Box by Benji on Sat 05 Dec 2020
    • 8 / 591
    • Tlscapital on 09 Dec 2020