Posted
2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Didnt that used to be the four nations until greed reared its ugly head. Sounds familiar 🤔

It been 5 nations since 1910, 6 since 2000 when the game wasn't even professional, not like today anyway.

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 159
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the t-shirt Leeds players are warming up in tonight  #Glazersout   

Some funnies circulating. Ed

No great surprise that this has come to light , as the so called top 6 clubs have been looking at ways to extract more milk out of the proverbial fat footy cow for a while .  I’m just so disappoi

Posted Images

Posted
8 minutes ago, Chalky said:

It been 5 nations since 1910, 6 since 2000 when the game wasn't even professional, not like today anyway.

I knew it was less teams but wasn't sure how many.  Wasn't even professional Karl.  They got paid £1000,s in bonuses more than rugby league players got as professionals.  It was bent , wouldn't let league players into amateur union social clubs in the 70,s 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Nothing wrong with the Sun. Daily paper of choice in Manchester 😁

I know - I want going to shoot anyone 😜. Just the mention of that 3 letter word . 

And don’t worry Steve - I know it’s the staple diet in Manchester - all Manc’s want a £9.50 holiday mate - 

Edited by Stevegods
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Stevegods said:

I know - I want going to shoot anyone 😜. Just the mention of that 3 letter word . 

And don’t worry Steve - I know it’s the staple diet in Manchester - all Manc’s want a £9.50 holiday mate - 

🤣🤣🤣love it mate . Hope you're safe and well 🙏.  You knew that I wouldn't resist making a comment.  After all the unity 🤗

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

No problem mate - 😜

Yea all good here - had second jab on Sunday ( Pfizer ) which knocked me for 6 - just back at work .

sorry that’s another thread .

Lets see what comes out of this - it’s only ducked it’s head down for a while . 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
10 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

No problem mate - 😜

Yea all good here - had second jab on Sunday ( Pfizer ) which knocked me for 6 - just back at work .

sorry that’s another thread .

Lets see what comes out of this - it’s only ducked it’s head down for a while . 

Glad to hear you're on the mend. 2nd one is 26th May for me. . 

Real Madrid president is saying that they all signed a contract and its binding. Then added one of the English clubs was reluctant in joining but he wouldn't say who.  

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Real Madrid president is saying that they all signed a contract and its binding. Then added one of the English clubs was reluctant in joining but he wouldn't say who.  

My money would be on Man City, 1st ones saying they’re out and the least desperate for the money of all of them.

Edited by Richard
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

I do think that the 'Them' and 'Us' scenario has played a big part in the Super League decision process.

The Heirarchy who own the clubs thinking they could just do what they want has been around

for a significant period of time.

When i went to the Champions League Final in Istanbul in 2005,outside the stadium area

in the Fan park were two large white Marquee's,one for the Fans and the other for the VIP's,

i managed to have a quick look in the VIP Marquee and noticed that they could have hot food

served if they wanted it.In the Fan Marquee you could only get cold food,i asked why there was no

hot food being served and was met with     'ony cold-only cold'   no real answer was given.

Why could the genuine Fans not be served with a hot meal?,not a very nice situation given that

it was a Champions League Final,my guess is that many of the VIP's at that final had not even been

to one of the earlier fixtures in the C.L. rounds.

So,the narcissistic attitude of the big club Owners/Directors i feel is endemic in the world of

football towards Fans generally,this pattern has steadily been building.

Reality has finally come home to roost,the Fans provide alot of the income to generate the

profits to pay the Player's and Manager's wages,plus the other staff wages and general costs

associated with running a large football club.

Edited by Mustang
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
12 minutes ago, Mustang said:

I do think that the 'Them' and 'Us' scenario has played a big part in the Super League decision process.

The Heirarchy who own the clubs thinking they could just do what they want has been around

for a significant period of time.

When i went to the Champions League Final in Istanbul in 2005,outside the stadium area

in the Fan park were two large white Marquee's,one for the Fans and the other for the VIP's,

i managed to have a quick look in the VIP Marquee and noticed that they could have hot food

served if they wanted it.In the Fan Marquee you could only get cold food,i asked why there was no

hot food being served and was met with     'ony cold-only cold'   no real answer was given.

Why could the genuine Fans not be served with a hot meal?,not a very nice situation given that

it was a Champions League Final,my guess is that many of the VIP's at that final had not even been

to one of the earlier fixtures in the C.L. rounds.

So,the narcissistic attitude of the big club Owners/Directors i feel is endemic in the world of

football towards Fans generally,this pattern has steadily been building.

Reality has finally come home to roost,the Fans provide alot of the income to generate the

profits to pay the Player's and Manager's wages,plus the other staff wages and general costs

associated with running a large football club.

I know exactly what you mean.  I had promised my kids to take them into Manchester for the treble/ homecoming parade in 1999 . They had it on the Thursday night.  I was still travelling home from Barcelona and didn't arrive back in to Manchester until 7.30am Fri  morning.  So myself along with tens of thousands of real fans couldn't celebrate the homecoming with the  treble because it suited the powers that be at United to hold it less than 24 hours after the game. And not a Sunday like they always used to be .  Still gutted and annoyed over it. 22 years later more so because my boys missed out. That was the beginning of the end for me .

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 22/04/2021 at 17:33, Chalky said:

In other words something a journalist has made up. EUFA will never allow it for one,  either would the English clubs who would have to make way for them. 

Celtic & Rangers would struggle in our first division let alone a british super league

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. 15 Super Sounds - In A League Of Their Own
    Record Sales by Roger Banks on Fri 23 Apr 2021
    • 1 / 625