Lorelei unreleased track?

Briank

I have a reel with three tracks, but 2 are from their Columbia 45.  However, the 3rd I do not know.  It's called: We never got together. Was this song ever released? Does anyone know their names?  Is this the same take as the 45 release?

lorelei hit factory inc reel to reel tape.jpg

Edited by Briank
answered.
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

The 'stop' sounds the same to the 45 release. As for the unknown title 'we never got together'... I can't say nor find anything on a quick search. What does it sound like ?

2 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

The 'stop' sounds the same to the 45 release. As for the unknown title 'we never got together'... I can't say nor find anything on a quick search. What does it sound like ?

Hi- Producer Norman Bergen is a friend of mine. Will reach out to him now. 

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/04/2021 at 18:21, The Yank said:

This is the only info I could find on the group besides details about their 45 -  (from Cashbox - July, 1972)

STOP.jpg

They are a trio as there was a picture of them in the box the tape is in.

Social source share

Is it a coincidence of the name(s) or are they in any way connected, the STOP group you're talking about and the ones who recorded that nice northern tune on Brunswick ( A Strange Way) Can't be that many years between both recordings 5/6 years I'm guessing ?
Do we know if they share any of the same personnel ?

Edited by purist
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Briank said:

I don't think they share members.  If the picture is correct on Discogs the Brunswick group shows two white girls and the Columbia group are 3 black girls.

Don't think the Discogs photo is correct for the Brunswick group. 45cat is only showing the one release and notes claim there is 3 of them in the group. Here's a quote from jukeboxgeorge on that site regarding the Brunswick 45.

According to John Clemente's Girl Groups: Fabulous Females Who Rocked the World, this trio was Sylvia Hammond (formerly of The Clickettes), Gloria Gilbert, and Jehoshabeth (Jay) Dunston. They hooked up with Samada Productions (Sampson Horton/Bobby Adams) when Johnnielouise Richardson was slow in securing a deal for the trio.

Edited by Soul-slider
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Ok, that explains the Brunswick group, but does not mean they are a part of the Columbia Group.  So far we have Valerie Harp being stated a part of the group by Don Oriolo stated by ''The Yank'' earlier.

Social source share

On 23/04/2021 at 18:39, The Yank said:

I did some snooping on you tube and someone says Don Oriolo told them the group was from Newark, New Jersey. Another person says this singer was part of the group-

Val.jpg

The Yank says this as quoted.  I got a email saying they are: Sylvia Hammond, Gloria Gilbert, and Jejoshabeth (Jay) Dunston from Soul Sider. Can you say where you get this info from?

Edited by Briank
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!