JMAuction - 28/04/2021 - Results!

new week - new JM - new stimulating conversations ... Attack

*stay healthy!

Happy to provide feedback - Is the Earl White Jr. really a £1000 loop?
I would honestly have thought it would be a little less.
I have speculated a bit ...

EDIT/: 1628£

Edited by Zanetti
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks for posting as always my friend 😁🙏

Freddie Chevez.  

If ever a record was screaming  for investment   investment,  investment . Not this is one of the greatest recordings ever to grace the decks at virtually every nighter in this  country as the headline is a joke. . Since when do people apart from sad bastards buy records as investments buy them because you love them. End of.  I'm speechless.  

My heart sank when I read that description. I’ve always been more of a dancer than a collector, & whilst I try to play original tracks at £3k plus, I can’t see me ever being able to play Freddie Chavez on original release

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Saxie Russell was a bargain - such a fantastic record. Freddie Chavez was on eBay a few months ago for $2K...great B side by the way, so two for the price of one; not an investment at this price if you pay 100% over the odds. Most of the US records flopped and went for set-sale prices or less than they would fetch on eBay. John has stepped up the auction offerings - I counted 48 a few days ago - but quantity has eclipsed quality, despite there being a couple of rarities every week.

Buying records is investing seriously in your leisure time. If you want to investinvestinvest, then there’s always crypto-currencies to blow your money on.

Still the best auction around. Give me a weekly feeding-frenzy anytime - I don’t see the point of 28 day auctions like Tim’s and Pat’s.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

24 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Saxie Russell was a bargain - such a fantastic record. Freddie Chavez was on eBay a few months ago for $2K...great B side by the way, so two for the price of one; not an investment at this price if you pay 100% over the odds. Most of the US records flopped and went for set-sale prices or less than they would fetch on eBay. John has stepped up the auction offerings - I counted 48 a few days ago - but quantity has eclipsed quality, despite there being a couple of rarities every week.

Buying records is investing seriously in your leisure time. If you want to investinvestinvest, then there’s always crypto-currencies to blow your money on.

Still the best auction around. Give me a weekly feeding-frenzy anytime - I don’t see the point of 28 day auctions like Tim’s and Pat’s.

Saxie Russell finishes next week, so not a bargain quite yet:)

• Thanks 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, Ageing Face said:

My heart sank when I read that description. I’ve always been more of a dancer than a collector, & whilst I try to play original tracks at £3k plus, I can’t see me ever being able to play Freddie Chavez on original release

What price a nice blue issue copy (original, not the boot)😇

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Didnt we say some years back that your typical working class soul collecor would get pushed out of the picture? Im certainly not blaming anyone with money whom can afford a 45 at any price,but i fear there is a bigger price to pay in the end...thoughts? For me personally the money isnt the biggest downer,its the easy constant accessibility to records is getting boring! Too much of a good thing i guess!

ps how many song titles did i mention 😂 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

Its no longer about the music for many, its trophy collecting and ego massaging

I don’t think a blue issue is worth £3k but them again I’m no fool who is easily parted from his money. 

It appears to be the same everywhere. On the scooter scene there are folks with a garage full of scooters that are never ridden & seldom see the light of day just in case their valuable asset gets damaged. 
I imagine the guys paying so much money for a track where the value is affected by condition that the same will happen

Social source share

42 minutes ago, Ted Massey said:

I need an Earl White Jnr back if any one can help me out. There were 3 folks who were bidding on Freddie 2 had been swapping bids right up to just under the winner then someone else came in. So theres 2 others out there willing to pay nearly 3k 

Ted. Hope you're keen safe and well 🙏 Earl White is a class tune and I will be asking you to play it if you get one mate

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!