I Dont Play That Part 2. (My Favorite Soul Records)

Mal C

cheers guys 🙂 I've got 3 more sets ready in my i-tunes library, its a matter of going through tracks you really like, or a rare 45 which I like but does it really hit the spot? is it a track I get an immediate YES from?  if it isn't, its out... That Ballads is just so classy Ed, it's a perfect soul record... I like the other version they did, but those strings, gad dam!

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

its so sharp, 'Till You Take My Love' just my kind of track 🙂 like his others, Pack up Your Bags is very good, don't know if he had an LP ion Arista? but Till You Take My Love is my favourite 🙂

Social source share

11 minutes ago, Mal C said:

its so sharp, 'Till You Take My Love' just my kind of track 🙂 like his others, Pack up Your Bags is very good, don't know if he had an LP ion Arista? but Till You Take My Love is my favourite 🙂

Hi Mal,  Yes I have the LP "Funk In A Mason Jar" like lots of the Jazz/Funk albums of the time a bit patchy

Social source share

On 14/05/2021 at 16:48, Soulman58 said:

If you like smoother Jazz - Set It Free; Phantazia and Liquid ok

For something funkier - Funk In A Mason Jar

will check those out, I do like Jazz and jazz influenced tracks, there is just more to them, the musicianship is well above the general 4 to the beat plunder... which of course I like as well...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!