Jackie Wilson -Motown

Go to solution Solved by Robbk,

Several years ago i read an article where it said that Jackie Wilson was possibly joining Motown when his early contract with Brunswick had come to an end. However Nat Tarnopol with the help of some rather dodgey people PERSUADED him to resign to Brunswick. Any thoughts on this? Chris.

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• Solution
1 hour ago, Wheelsville1 said:

Several years ago i read an article where it said that Jackie Wilson was possibly joining Motown when his early contract with Brunswick had come to an end. However Nat Tarnopol with the help of some rather dodgey people PERSUADED him to resign to Brunswick. Any thoughts on this? Chris.

That's the rumour that was going around back then and ever since.  It was said that some of the gangster's thugs held him by his legs out a window of a high building, just to persuade him that they were serious.

We've already had a few threads about this.  There was an extensive thread about this on Soulful Detroit Forum.

Edited by Robbk
Social source share

17 minutes ago, Robbk said:

That's the rumour that was going around back then and ever since.  It was said that some of the gangster's thugs held him by his legs out a window of a high building, just to persuade him that they were serious.

We've already had a few threads about this.  There was an extensive thread about this on Soulful Detroit Forum.

Thanks for the reply Robb,i thought if anyone would know it would be yourself. Chris. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!