Modern Soul Biggies Spring 2021

Daved

Thanks for this, Dave - looking forward to listening. Among radio presenters Mick O'Donnell is for me out front for the upfront new and reissue vinyl and cd action.

I must have blown most of last year's holiday budget on plugging various gaps in the collection, including a pile of Kent and Numero comps as well as various Japanese reissue cds, so the focus has been more on the past for me purchase wise. So far this year albums of note include the Str4ta (stupid name) and George Anderson, and I'm waiting for delivery of a copy of Bob Baldwin's latest. Overall the last year has seen what feels like an explosion of output from Britfunk veterans, most of which sounds good to these ears (Bluey, Citrus Sun, Britfunk Association, Light of the World). Sorry to say I'm struggling with Sheree Brown's latest, which is obviously a very personal and heartfelt project but which musically isn't doing it for me, at least yet.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Thanks both. 

Mickey, yep lots of other good stuff out there too. I enjoyed the Will Downing and Kim Tavar albums too. THere's so much great UK soul out there at the moment and my mix has mostly UK acts, which wasn't deliberate. I dodn't bother with the Sheree Brown after hearing the first single.

Mal, yes quite. I'd like to see her wear it live 😅

• Thanks 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!