Anyone Know This? Popcorn/r&b Style Beat Ballad

Guest uroffal

Guest uroffal

Pretty sure this will divide people on here, but reckon the R&B/Popcorn fans will love this.

Might even be well known to the Popcorn fans for all I know

I'll reveal all later

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest kid mohair

Close Your Eyes - ? - ?

14156 refosoul

Only got a short sample for the moment

Ive got the version by ted taylor on jewel, not sure who this is....

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Ive got the version by ted taylor on jewel, not sure who this is....

Didn't know of another version so thanks for that. Any chance of a clip for comparison?

Social source share

Guest uroffal

is that you singing after a night on the ale???

:yes:

You're only saying that because you're still making those Rodd Keith records with 'The Lord Said' backing track

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

Didn't know of another version so thanks for that. Any chance of a clip for comparison?

If you go onto manships there is a sound bite ...Andy.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I'm glad I've got the Ted Taylor one, no offence.

:yes: - none taken

This one's a lot more expensive though according to John Manship's latest guide!

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Pretty sure this will divide people on here, but reckon the R&B/Popcorn fans will love this.

I'll reveal all later

Is it Jamie Coe on Enterprise?

TONE

Social source share

I'll reveal all later

could be Everett Mills - Close your eyes on Protone....

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Hey the last one I found really is good. And I mean really. And it's not Rodd Keith either.

Oh no! Not another one laugh.gif - how come we haven't had a sound clip (or did I miss it?)

Social source share

Guest uroffal

could be Everett Mills - Close your eyes on Protone....

You win today's first prize - got it in one! Is there much demand for this do you know? It's listed at £200 in John Manship's new guide and I have a copy coming so if anyone wants to make me an offer ...

Social source share

You win today's first prize - got it in one! Is there much demand for this do you know? It's listed at £200 in John Manship's new guide and I have a copy coming so if anyone wants to make me an offer ...

I have the other one that Everett Mills did on Protone "My Vision" I like the "Close your Eyes" but as It would join the afore mentioned "my vision" in the "for my ears only" box...I'd only pay £60 ish

Its a lovely record.....though....maybe we can come to an acceptable figure for both of us.

best

Linda

Edited by NASHEE
Social source share

Guest uroffal

I have the other one that Everett Mills did on Protone "My Vision" I like the "Close your Eyes" but as It would join the afore mentioned "my vision" in the "for my ears only" box...I'd only pay £60 ish

Its a lovely record.....though....maybe we can come to an acceptable figure for both of us.

best

Linda

Pmed you :lol:

Social source share

there's two versions by Ted Taylor is there not? A fast and slow version, the slowy being better IMO - i'll post below. That Everett Mills one sounds a bit drunk club singer for me, my favourite version is the completely off the wall one by the Caprells. Jamie Coe is good but badly recorded / mastered.

It's a song that goes back to the 30's apparantly.

Edited by mik parry
Social source share

there's two versions by Ted Taylor is there not? A fast and slow version, the slowy being better IMO - i'll post below. That Everett Mills one sounds a bit drunk club singer for me, my favourite version is the completely off the wall one by the Caprells. Jamie Coe is good but badly recorded / mastered.

It's a song that goes back to the 30's apparantly.

Ha Ha Ha......guess who's brought uroffals drunken club singer one !!!!!! I'm a woman of very stange tastes :lol:

Edited by NASHEE
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert