Pic and Bill

Gaz T

they are out there, I bought the Lp off here some years ago, then when I lived in Spain found another in Northern Spain and the Spanish 45 south of Madrid...  had the Chary 'Talk about Love' 45, sold it on here a few moths back, 'What does it take' is the rare one, also as the fiery Spartans or something ... that is really rare.

But their other slower Charay 45's are all great and very cheap in comparison, I'd buy those tracks personally, and the Uk Page One releases, 'Sad World' 'All I want is You'  'I love you Baby'   all supreme quality, they never made a bad record 🙂

Social source share

Cheers Mal 

Agree, the Spanish and French bits are still out there, but I bet you wont see them so much as times goes by as they disappear into collections.

Has baby come back ever had any big plays on the northern scene ?

Social source share

I'm sure it has been played once or twice, such a great track can't go unnoticed. the reason I think its never been massive is because it never came out on 45... but that's all changing isn't it, LP tracks are easy plunder for record labels these days...

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

I had the charay talk about love but sold it for 230 about 10 years ago so picked up the lp

Found what does it take on facebook sales for 8 quid so bought it but then sold via a dealer and I ended up with 800

Lp is still around but shouldn't be more than 30 to 40 quid

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 14/05/2021 at 22:16, Dave Pinch said:

The charay 45 of talk about love is too loud..  bordering on distortion at times

I'm glad you say that as I thought I just had a bad copy, it sounded dreadful, much better on my Lp...:-)

23 hours ago, Tricky said:

Fiery Spartans (Pic & Bill) is the hardest variation by a country mile.

Earlier number as well.

only ever see one, which I think was owned by someone on here, and it was for sale not that long ago..

the 'What does it take' 45  I know was sold by Pete Smith a few years back for £1000 to a well know Northern soul dj, so that gives you a price point on that one.

*just been informed abut the final sale price, so have changed it..

Pic & Bill - What Does It Take.jpg

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

I used to collect Pic & Bill. Both "What Does It Take" and the Fiery Spartans 45 are incredibly scarce. I also have the Pic & Bill credited "Talk About Love" 45 on Charay (exists with two different flipsides though). I probably should get rid of one of those "TAL"'s, as I don't need two! 😅

D8E20082-C563-4388-9870-E01A01C865F0.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

That’s a beautiful sight that 🙂 lovely brace of 45s

id have to check which one I had,  but are both releases of ‘Talk about love’ recorded too loud, or is it just the one release Sebastian?   

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

33 minutes ago, Mal C said:

That’s a beautiful sight that 🙂 lovely brace of 45s

id have to check which one I had,  but are both releases of ‘Talk about love’ recorded too loud, or is it just the one release Sebastian?   

All three Charay issues of "Talk About Love" are pressed from the same stamper/mother if I remember correctly. It is mastered loud, but my copies sound OK. Might be a case of sounding better with some styluses etc.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!