Monaco ballroom

Wtf . Is there a closing date or anything or is it just not reopening. So sad 😞 if there's no more. Not that I'm a regular anymore but I did go there quite often many years ago when Glenn Brierley was a resident DJ 

The Monaco is one of the last iconic venues   New year's eve 2019 /2020 was a absolutely fantastic night. 

Ste

• Up vote 2
Social source share

22 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Wtf . Is there a closing date or anything or is it just not reopening. So sad 😞 if there's no more. Not that I'm a regular anymore but I did go there quite often many years ago when Glenn Brierley was a resident DJ 

The Monaco is one of the last iconic venues   New year's eve 2019 /2020 was a absolutely fantastic night. 

Ste

Glenn used to play some belting tunes aswell.

Hugh

• Up vote 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, Mssoulie said:

Glenn used to play some belting tunes aswell.

Hugh

Hi Hugh. Hope your safe and well my friend.

Remember buying Hoagy Lands Next in Line. laurie  demo off Glenn at Monaco because the lucky sod had just got one on Stateside

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Hi Hugh. Hope your safe and well my friend.

Remember buying Hoagy Lands Laurie. Next in Line demo off Glenn at Monaco because the lucky sod had just got one on Stateside

Hiya Steve. All good here mate. Hope you and the gorgeous one are good.

I got a Lorraine Chandler I can't hold on (demo)from him for peanuts.

Interesting guy.

Hugh

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 21/05/2021 at 21:59, Winsford Soul said:

Ste

Steve I'm sure that you will still be able to call by and stand in the doorway reliving old memories ... 😆

Be a struggle to do the same at Winsford, Bretby & Willington seeing as they knocked the buildings down but I am sure they will leave the Monaco intact. x

Edited by Martyn Pitt
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

On 22/05/2021 at 08:35, alanmandy said:

If correct, so sorry to hear, had lots of great nights and met and made many friends for life.

The bongo bingo gobshites are not even on the same night as the soul but their going to fill the place with tables which i believe bob has offered to move and put back after the soul night but still no joy as yet alan.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!