what has been winding you up lately

Posted

well Sunday is my one day i have to go out for my weekly 'big shop' and have to say this is the first time i have come across these 'Mini Shopping Trollies' being pushed around by two little Kiddy Winkles (racing one another) who as i came out of the end of an isle was run into by them, they are exact replicas of a full size shopping trolly (size of a Childs Pram) and they come complete with their own little triangle flags on a pole, anyone else come across these ? are they supplied by the Shopping Stores(didn't notice any on way in) or are parents buying them ? next thing besides social distancing markers there will be over taking and pit stop lanes, so is this going to be another night mare to deal with on top of our shopping woes, nothing against Children been introduced to shopping but come on.... 😬    

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 50
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People who don't indicate when driving. Especially at roundabouts/junctions when you are waiting.  It's not that much effort to push the indicator stalk with your finger you lazy ******.  In

What really winds me up is putting the telly on and hearing all those charities begging for dosh.its on every time whether its donkeys with lots of bricks on there back ,or a fragile little girl walki

Lens post reminded me of another similar thing that pecks my head.... TV shows - where at the start they show all the important bits coming up.  Eg The Repair Shop / Dragons Den / Antiques R

Posted Images

Posted

What really winds me up is putting the telly on and hearing all those charities begging for dosh.its on every time whether its donkeys with lots of bricks on there back ,or a fragile little girl walking miles just to get some water.i worked for a printers who used to print for Oxfam years ago ,one day some of the bosses of Oxfam came to our printers and I asked if all the Mercedes outside were theres,they said we get a new one every year paid out of charity subscriptions, that what cheezes me off.

• Up vote 7
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Stephen Houghton said:

What really winds me up is putting the telly on and hearing all those charities begging for dosh.its on every time whether its donkeys with lots of bricks on there back ,or a fragile little girl walking miles just to get some water.i worked for a printers who used to print for Oxfam years ago ,one day some of the bosses of Oxfam came to our printers and I asked if all the Mercedes outside were theres,they said we get a new one every year paid out of charity subscriptions, that what cheezes me off.

They (Oxfam) were probably winding you up Stephen

Edited by Kenb
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
43 minutes ago, Stephen Houghton said:

Probably 😁😆

I'm still not that good at doing robotics though.  Not enough lubrication maybe?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

This one is a real winder upper for me, over the pandemic period neighbours have been busy removing their lovely grassed open planed front gardens and replaced them with loose stones (to park their cars on) Two of which opposite me so you probably know where this is going) stones all over the foot paths and c/way (road) meaning problems for pushchairs and wheelchairs on foot paths and stones on road being thrown up chipping car paint and potential chipped/cracked wind screens, 2 cars at each property in and out every day bringing out stones, back and side of my car has been chipped and i have to clear stones of my grass prior to cutting what's worse they see the stones every day but only sweep them up now and again, any one else got this problem around you and does it wind you up too...... 

Edited by Rick Scott
missing info added
  • Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Traffic news on national radio - who f*****g cares 

Affects a handful of people in the vicinity who presumably are already stuck in it, yet they insist on broadcasting it every 20 minutes like we all need to know

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Cheese!  I like Cheese, but there is far too much of it about these day 🧀

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Tell you what though Mal, if you've got a Co-Op near you see if they stock this one, bloody marvellous with Jacob's Savours, on offer at Asda

image.png.d11f946c976550fbc69cdd778fc5851b.pngimage.png.c6edb28fa7c28266a23346d9d70f6177.png

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It could be a long list.....but the most pressing one is how weeds seem to be immune to every known weedkiller know to mankind.

I've even bought one of those mini flame throwers to try and keep them at bay.

Surely the scientist can work out how they survive so well and extract the part that ensures that happens....to genetically modify the plants we buy to also survive thick and thin!

Ed

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 26/05/2021 at 17:00, Stephen Houghton said:

Probably 😁😆

No there's some truth in it - Confirmed by someone I know who works for a leasing company (Top of the range cars)

Some charities are better than others - I think a very small percentage from those pkts of sweets for a pound that are left on counters / at work places goes to the charity. It's another business I guess.

Young people have been winding me up lately - Where's the 'go' in them?!!! :facepalm:

Len :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tomangoes said:

It could be a long list.....but the most pressing one is how weeds seem to be immune to every known weedkiller know to mankind.

Surely the scientist can work out how they survive so well and extract the part that ensures that happens....to genetically modify the plants we buy to also survive thick and thin!

Ed

If you are wanting to kill weeds or grass  on a path or spot weed on a lawn use a small brush and paint white spirit on them taking care to only treat the offending weeds on a dry day , they will have turned brown by the next day.

Edited by Shinehead
  • Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Tomangoes said:

Ed

I use salt water in hot water just water the weeds with it 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Ed

Ha. Who would have thought 40 years ago that we would still have a soul scene and niters etc. And we would be talking about getting rid of weeds lol

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I think we have almost turned into our Dads lol. Apart from the niters etc. They would have talked about weeds and getting rid of them over a pint at a wmc.

My Dad will be laughing from the other side that I have got into gardening lol. 

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
18 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

I get Bill and Ben to sort Weeds out when they can get their arses out of the flower pots 

Think you will  have a problem with those two don't they have the hots for Little Weed 😂

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
14 minutes ago, Shinehead said:

Think you will  have a problem with those two don't they have the hots for Little Weed 😂

Now it makes sense about flobba dobba lol

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
13 minutes ago, Shinehead said:

So thats why my gardens full of weeds, the dirty little sods ,thats it i'm cutting off 🤨their firtilser allowence  

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Traffic news on national radio - who f*****g cares 

Affects a handful of people in the vicinity who presumably are already stuck in it, yet they insist on broadcasting it every 20 minutes like we all need to know

Also at the end of the news they say "The financial share index closed at........"

Out of the millions of people listening who needs this daily update! Anyone interested will already know!!!

Edited by D9 KTF
  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
18 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

So thats why my gardens full of weeds, the dirty little sods ,thats it i'm cutting off 🤨their firtilser allowence  

You might get more success cutting their crocks off 👍

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Woman chatting to the man next door " You know, I think my daughter is going to wind up an old maid"

Man next door "Well, tell you daughter to bring her 'round -we'll wind her up together"

A Groucho Marx classic

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

People who don't indicate when driving. Especially at roundabouts/junctions when you are waiting. 

It's not that much effort to push the indicator stalk with your finger you lazy ******. 

In fact driving in general nowadays... and the number of drivers wrapped up in their own little bubble and not concentrating on driving. 

• Up vote 7
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

The news - The presenter reports on something, then passes us on to someone else who tells us exactly what the original presenter has just told us!......"So and so is outside an airport / or Buckingham palace. What more can you tell us?"......."Nothing"........."It's been good to talk to you"..........Then various reporters tell us exactly what we have all seen on the news as if they are the original source of the information (Beth Rigby!)

And the....."In the coming days this is going to happen"........."Tomorrow this is going to happen"........"This has happened!"........Is the world really this dumb? 

Happy Friday you grumpy lot! :D

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Lens post reminded me of another similar thing that pecks my head....

TV shows - where at the start they show all the important bits coming up. 

Eg The Repair Shop / Dragons Den / Antiques Roadshow etc. 

'coming up in tonight's show....' and then they show you small clips of all the important bits and make watching the rest of the show pointless. 

I just pause it now, then FF to the real start. 

* I am also well aware that nature turns men into grumpy 'Victor Meldrew' types as they get older. So that when it's time to say goodbye to this life, you are ready to go as the world has turned into such a mess (read that somewhere many years ago, but now I understand it). 

Happy Bank Holiday weekend! 😁

Edited by Fish Fingers
  • Up vote 6
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

People driving way too fast - every time I go anywhere someone just about cleans me out 

Seems to have got worse recently on the roads near our village, wonder if it’s because there’s speed cameras everywhere else, when folks get out in the sticks they go crazy 

If you’re walking they pull out past you but still at 90mph - thanks for that 

Edited by Chris Turnbull
Spelling
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Football pundits who are rubbish and cannot string a sentence together without saying  "ya know " or "know what I mean ".

Edited by Shinehead
  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Those programme trailers on the radio where they have one sentence read by different people to make it more interesting 

Radio presenters who’ve been on the sharp intake of breath training course

Maybe I just need to stay indoors and never listen to the radio 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Idiots who drive from the motorway slip road onto the main carriageway without indicating then indicating to move from the inside lane to the middle lane. 

Don't indicate from the slip way you don't get in because I ain't stopping or slowing for you. 

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
28 minutes ago, Stephen Houghton said:

And how many times people say LIKE,or ER in a conversation. 

Or turn into Major Lance.   Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um .................

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
14 hours ago, Shinehead said:

If you are wanting to kill weeds or grass  on a path or spot weed on a lawn use a small brush and paint white spirit on them taking care to only treat the offending weeds on a dry day , they will have turned brown by the next day.

You haven't seen my lawns, that's a months work!!!!

The end of the footie season, got to wait until the 11 June for the Euros.  Damn the Mrs might work out there are other channels.

Footballers taking over presenting jobs, aren't there any pubs left for them to buy and run!

18 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Anything that gets delivered and you then need to build it 

And then contact them as bits are missing/damaged grrrr.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

as with similar previous topics...

due to the runaway nature of these 'negative' list topics and the effect they can have on rest of site am gonna put a clock on this one

will close tomorrow morning 👍

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Records being graded nothing like they actually are under either a decent light or on the turntable

‘Mint’ - really, like mint unplayed? What, from the 60’s? ‘Yep’ 

Mint minus - really?!

Ex - just about playable

VG+ / VG- etc at least generally graded accurately and honestly as there’s usually no denying it  

If a record actually is M- you just about fall over 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Just like to say a "Big Thank" You to ALL Members s who have Contributed to this Thread Before Mike closes it Tomorrow Morning, 

Some very funny stuff which will have put a much needed smile on faces and a few that are genuin subjects that really do "Wind People Up", Once again Thank You Everyone..... Rick :thumbup:  

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I don't think there's too much that's worth getting hot and bothered about but overly nice smarmy people do make me heave. On a positive note I think most things are great and I really like this site!!!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Waisting time....

Best example ...homes under the hammer... why dont they get one house covered start to finish, then the next, and so on.

Instead of setting of 3 House stories, half finishing, then showing the same thing again before the results...

So annoying.

And they all make bags of profit...which I don't believe for a minute!

Have a great weekend.

Ed

Edited by Tomangoes
Spello
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 hours ago, Stephen Houghton said:

And how many times people say LIKE,or ER in a conversation. 

Or start a bloody sentence with SO .

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
21 minutes ago, Davey S said:

Or start a bloody sentence with SO .

Lots of my Dutch friends do that but really like to  emphasise the "So".

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Car drivers that don't show you any appreciation when you let them into a queue...phone surveys after you've spent, god knows on car insurance etc and a text comes through hours later...'how did we do today, out of 10....' gets my fcuking goat! 

Cudn't agree more with Ed on 'homes under the hammer'....similiar to 'unbelievable moments caught on camera', watching a certain female  stuffing herself on This Morning...how much bigger do you want to get?

People that say one thing and mean another, saying Good Morning with a smile and being acknowledged with a face like a smacked arse and a grunt.......that's my lot,  have a brill w/e everyone....

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
19 minutes ago, Okehsoul1952 said:

saying Good Morning with a smile and being acknowledged with a face like a smacked arse and a grunt.......that's my lot,  have a brill w/e everyone....

That  reminds me of last week on only my second ever visit to a members only nature reserve.  Walking round  and I met some Guy so I greeted him with Good morning,  what a lovely place this is to be utterly blanked so I just looked at him and called him a ignorant bastard. About 2 hours later he was walking out of a hide as I was going in so I couldn't resist the good morning bit again.  Totally blanked again.  I just laughed and let the door close in his face. 😂

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Records being graded nothing like they actually are under either a decent light or on the turntable

‘Mint’ - really, like mint unplayed? What, from the 60’s? ‘Yep’ 

Mint minus - really?!

Ex - just about playable

VG+ / VG- etc at least generally graded accurately and honestly as there’s usually no denying it  

If a record actually is M- you just about fall over 

I'd like to think everything I sell is pretty mint.

It's not hard to grade.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 minutes ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

I'd like to think everything I sell is pretty mint.

It's not hard to grade.

Rod in fact of all the records I have bought this year yours along with a couple of other have been the most accurately described and I thank you for it 

Stopped buying off some well known sellers because their records are so rough compared to the gradings 

soul source url
Social source share
  • Mike locked this topic