Mystic Merlin : Just Can't Give You Up : Video

Sunnysoul

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

My minds gone blank...who's the lead on 'Just Can't Give You Up' and who's the lead on 'Mr Magician'?

Both great tracks and the 7" of JCGYU is better than the 12" cos the 12" does weird stuff towards the end.

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

My minds gone blank...who's the lead on 'Just Can't Give You Up' and who's the lead on 'Mr Magician'?

Both great tracks and the 7" of JCGYU is better than the 12" cos the 12" does weird stuff towards the end.

I'm pretty sure it was Freddie Jackson on vocals on Mr Magician......I think!

Social source share

I'm pretty sure it was Freddie Jackson on vocals on Mr Magician......I think!

Thats it Karen ! I knew it was a 'name'. Isn't it the other way round tho|??

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

Thats it Karen ! I knew it was a 'name'. Isn't it the other way round tho|??

I'm supposed to be doing other things but you have forced me to do a spot of googling! shhh.gif

It's quite complicated but I will stand by Freddie Jackson on MM as the vocal seems to suit.

The vocal on JCGYU is much deeper at times baritone-esque and as there have been various singers including Leslie Dorsey, I'm going to go for him as he was a classically trained opera singer. This is definitely up for debate as it doesn't seem to be clear.

Stop Press......brainwave! I just looked on the 7" of JCGYU and it says C.Bullard/L.Dorsey. Can't find the 12" at the mo to compare.

Leslie Dorsey died after an accident involving the Gypsy Cab that he drove. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!