LJ REYNOLDS- Penguin Breakdown on LAW-TON

Both sides played as new release, NOT rare as some one already mentioned and yes about a Tenner would get you a copy if you wanted one no doubt...  I can not understand why when we live in an age now with technology that has made it so easy to search , find and purchase records that people are STILL paying Silly Money for Common Records, buyers and collectors have never had it so easy, the mind boggles.........😜 

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

John Waddington is (45 Heaven), think he might be on here as well?   he has had some great 45s over the years, Ive had loads of bargains off him, but he does over price some things;  some his current listing's do seem to be chancing it somewhat..

Social source share

It is a fantastic soul  record. Superb vocal by LJ Reynolds. The b side is the instrumental which is also great.............but only worth a tenner! They had another release on Lawton   "Let one hurt do" which is a brilliant ballad  also a tenner.

The instrumental b side was released in the UK with the young hearts on the b side in 72

Social source share

On 03/06/2021 at 21:21, Tobytyke said:

It is a fantastic soul  record. Superb vocal by LJ Reynolds. The b side is the instrumental which is also great.............but only worth a tenner! They had another release on Lawton   "Let one hurt do" which is a brilliant ballad  also a tenner.

The instrumental b side was released in the UK with the young hearts on the b side in 72

how many 'other' vocal versions have there been, just the one ?

Social source share

4 hours ago, Tricky said:

As Modernsoulsucks has said.

He always starts off his bidding At £2.

2 stupid! bidders going at it and a 3rd nut! finishing off the cake.😂😅🤣

Yes, three bidders and one smart#@*£ at the end. He could have had my spare copy for a tenner. This is a record I’ve stopped picking up in the States as it is widely available and not in demand. The reputable dealer pushkings from Sweden had it on his auction starting at $15.99 a few days ago. Baffles me why some final auction prices finish at the level they do... or is there something I am missing as flagged up by the starter of the thread?

Social source share

There is also a video on you tube of a track by Phil Lowman called "Look at me" on Emage that also uses the "Penguin breakdown" backing track. 

Sadly unable to work out how to upload link - sorry about that.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 06/06/2021 at 20:02, Frankie Crocker said:

Yes, three bidders and one smart#@*£ at the end. He could have had my spare copy for a tenner. This is a record I’ve stopped picking up in the States as it is widely available and not in demand. The reputable dealer pushkings from Sweden had it on his auction starting at $15.99 a few days ago. Baffles me why some final auction prices finish at the level they do... or is there something I am missing as flagged up by the starter of the thread?

Pushkings copy sold for £20.66. With a bit of patience, most cheap, common records turn up sooner or later at a bargain price.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!