Press Release - Sal & Pops - I Surrender

Just had this sent in to us...

Press Release

The Northern Soul Sisters are back! 

I SURRENDER – THE NEW SINGLE FROM SAL & POPS

Sal & Pops are two young singers hailing from Stoke-On-Trent, UK. Outside of their own music releases, their social media following is exploding. This is mainly due to their “Northern Soul in The Garden”-videos where this dynamic duo dances to classic and obscure northern soul scene tracks in the back yard and shares it with an enthusiastic global audience on both YouTube and TikTok. 

Sal & Pops met while performing alongside each other in the Shakespearean theatre ‘The New Vic’ from 2009 onwards. Their friendship grew when they joined The “Jill Clewes Academy of Theatre Arts”. At college they were often paired together in shows because of their similar performance style and connection. They were often described as the female versions of Ant and Dec.

Sal was raised on everything from Rock and Roll, Rhythm and Blues to Motown and Northern Soul (her mum was the co-president of The Official Elvis Presley Fan Club of Great Britain), while Pops has always been a free spirit when it comes to music. Their intense love and passion for Northern Soul led them to dig deeper and deeper into this vibrant scene and after some footage of them dancing at a Northern Soul all-nighter went viral on Facebook, they decided to start a YouTube-channel completely dedicated to the genre.

After an invite to feature on recordings by The Northern Soul Orchestra in the summer of 2020 - but several times delayed because of national lockdowns - their first two singles with this great collective marked the start of a new chapter in Sal & Pops' musical journey. “What If” and "Try My Love Again” were released during the first quarter of 2021 and were both extremely well received by the international underground soul scene.

Now it’s time for a new single from these glorious soul sisters. On June the 4th Sal & Pops are releasing their version of the northern soul uptempo dance floor anthem “I Surrender”, originally released by the legendary Eddie Holman 1967. And watch out for some serious moves in their new northern soul garden video too!!!

sal&pops_Isurrender.jpg

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Good luck to all the entrepreneurs out there.

I surrender by Eddie Holman is surely one of the hardest ever tracks to emulate, both the normal and slowed down versions.

Tailor made has never quite been accepted to be honest. Maybe you tube and social networks might be the best place for it.

Good dancers though!

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!