Guilty Northern soul pleasure.

Eyup Hugh, mine,s gotta be Ral Donner, Don't let it slip away, I remember it being played at Boston Youth Club, bout 77 ish, Nutter Farndale I think, maybe Hattie played, still got it in me box, oh aye, Tim Tam also 😂, Jeff. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

The list must be a mile long of once highly popular tunes that have virtually no chance of getting played at a serious soul night in the future.

The KGB at Sheffield threw up its fair share of such tunes.

This original soul pack throwaway side that caught on for a few months packed the floor solid.

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Jeffers said:

Eyup Hugh, mine,s gotta be Ral Donner, Don't let it slip away, I remember it being played at Boston Youth Club, bout 77 ish, Nutter Farndale I think, maybe Hattie played, still got it in me box, oh aye, Tim Tam also 😂, Jeff. 

A up Jeff. Yer that's where I remember it from. God what a great place that was. I couldn't wait until I was 13 because then you could stay until 10 o'clock. The nutter Andy Farndale gave me Tim Tam when I was 12grs old. Still got it in my box. Mad as a box of frogs he was but bloody hell could he dance. And you could hear Hattie's clap all over the club when he was on the floor. Great days mate.....

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Tomangoes said:

The list must be a mile long of once highly popular tunes that have virtually no chance of getting played at a serious soul night in the future.

This original soul pack throwaway side that caught on for a few months packed the floor solid.

Ed

Tuuuuuune.  Us lot dancing to this would confuse some people these days. As would the tattoos some of us have. Just saying.

Social source share

8 hours ago, Geeselad said:

I have no idea why this gets derided so much, personally I love it, and wasn't around at the time. But I've heard loads take the pee of it. Really, if it was a rare and an unknown it would be massive with the upfront crowd today. It's no less soulful than 'soul thing', on cobblestone, IMHO. 

This.👍

Social source share

14 hours ago, Geeselad said:

I have no idea why this gets derided so much, personally I love it, and wasn't around at the time. But I've heard loads take the pee of it. Really, if it was a rare and an unknown it would be massive with the upfront crowd today. It's no less soulful than 'soul thing', on cobblestone, IMHO. 

and the absolute irony of some DJs playing this out and some of the folks dancing to it nowadays too given their political views around BLM

Edited by Girdwoodinc
Social source share

22 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Ed

Everyone went made for it 😅

Just now, Neil Austin said:

Everyone went made for it 😅

Mad for it 😄

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!