Jimmy A

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

the demos of this,has it been booted

There's two sligtly different label designs of the white demo. There's also two different black issues, one supposed to be much rarer than the other, but I can't remember what it is about the label that makes it the 'rare' one, a mis-spell?

Social source share

There's two sligtly different label designs of the white demo. There's also two different black issues, one supposed to be much rarer than the other, but I can't remember what it is about the label that makes it the 'rare' one, a mis-spell?

I've got a black issue for sale at the moment - and had a white demo for sale 3 weeks back. Can't understand why there's no demand for this cos it's brilliant!

Social source share

some demos have been pressed badly under the label and have a bit of an up and downy effect (thats probably the best way i can discribe it) but they are originals, don't believe it's ever been booted

Seen it for £200, sold one for £175 demo

Edited by richard
Social source share

hi all, ive just got another issue to replace my old copy, as above they are both different in respect

of the lettering and layout of the label? any info on this?

as pete as said this is a top 45 from circ 1960 which i almost allways play when im djn, jimmy at his best

imho, any info on what age he would have been when recorded? :rolleyes:

also if anyone is interested i have a vg copy which plays excellent £50, has some label damage,and flip side is poor, great for djn or as a collection filler till a better one comes up

russ

Social source share

hi all, ive just got another issue to replace my old copy, as above they are both different in respect

of the lettering and layout of the label? any info on this?

as pete as said this is a top 45 from circ 1960 which i almost allways play when im djn, jimmy at his best

imho, any info on what age he would have been when recorded? :rolleyes:

also if anyone is interested i have a vg copy which plays excellent £50, has some label damage,and flip side is poor, great for djn or as a collection filler till a better one comes up

russ

He waqs 21 /22. He was born in May 1939 and it was recorded in 1961.

(The mark on the issue is Tipex, I don't know what it supposed to be, but I've seen it on other scans of the issue)

Social source share

He waqs 21 /22. He was born in May 1939 and it was recorded in 1961.

(The mark on the issue is Tipex, I don't know what it supposed to be, but I've seen it on other scans of the issue)

I have often wondered what this tippex mark is too? Most of the JR issues have it on (mine does too). Never sen it on apromo of any type though. There are other records that also have it on. I wonder if they were all from the same collector? Lots of collectors used to mark up their 45s before going to parties so that they could ID their own records as they all got mixed up. Any other theories?

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Does a VINYL white demo of "Don't Feel Sorry For Me" exist? Do you have a scan? Wouldn't mind a copy! :thumbsup:

I thought that was the one I had the other week...Sebastian I may be totally wrong and getting it mixed up with something else, but about 4 weeks ago on one of my sales lists on here, I sent up a scan.

Social source share

I thought that was the one I had the other week...Sebastian I may be totally wrong and getting it mixed up with something else, but about 4 weeks ago on one of my sales lists on here, I sent up a scan.

Do you mean the one here?

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39056

Slightly hard to see from the photo, but that looks like styrene to me.

Would love a vinyl copy so hope you're right! smile.gif

In any case, that scan of your is a different white demo label design. So... that's 3 different demo pressing runs and at least 2 rounds of issues pressed.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!