Listen to me the esquires

Bucks62

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Fine record, flip side 'Get on up' equally worth a listen. Mine is on Bunky too, red with black text and Bunky written vertically on the left in red text against a black partial circle background. But sorry, I don't know if it's Canadian.

Social source share

On 18/06/2021 at 18:35, Seano said:

Fine record, flip side 'Get on up' equally worth a listen. Mine is on Bunky too, red with black text and Bunky written vertically on the left in red text against a black partial circle background. But sorry, I don't know if it's 

Social source share

get on up  was a massive pop hit in the USA  reaching no 11 and sold a million copies with several variations across the US and came out in several countries all over the world. bill sheppard who owned the masters and rights to the recordings just utilised the odd old track from the bunky days as flips to whoever was putting out his bands material at the time

On 18/06/2021 at 18:59, Modernsoulsucks said:

The 45 on Capitol is "Reach out". From '69 according to Discogs

Used "Listen to me" from  '67 as b-side.

Not sure if same track or re-recorded it.

all appear to be the same takes rod

Social source share

3 hours ago, Bucks62 said:

So looks like I bought it on wrong lable mine is bunky. With listen to me as b side. Love it will have search for original. Thanks guys for all info much appreciated carole

carole its the original on bunky.. just its really  common but 2 great sides

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!