Is Steve from Blidworth in 1970s still a member?

I spotted that Ste (Steve) was a member back in 2016?

Are you still on the forum Steve, you used to live in Blidworth in the 1970s and we called you Ric Tic. I ran Vallances record shop and DJ'd for an agency on the local youth club circuit and became resident DJ at the Elm Tree in Hoveringham and then Scamps in Nottingham. If anyone has memories of tunes bought at Vallances or played at the Elm Tree, Bowling Green in Newark or Scamps it would be good to hear from you.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Hi Dave , still about and into same stuff these days, 

See Baz occasionally but lost track of you when you went to Sony. Remember Vallances well. Put you into Mamie Lee from Record Corner back in the day, you got loads an everyone in Mansfield had them at one time. Wish I'd saved a few. 

How's you these days?

Social source share

Thank you Mike for putting me in touch with Steve, very much appreciated. To the other Steve Steve who remembers me from Vallances, good to hear from you. I would be good to hear any of the tunes you can remember buying from me (I probably still have copies of some of them in my parents attic). I also still have some record company wall displays, 45rpm size bags, promotional items from record companies and typed letters that came with samples etc. Not been up there for a long time but it’s like a little time capsule, happy days.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert