Heavy metal band does Rita & the Tiaras

Hmm, a blonde and a brunette, based in Stockholm. That sounds familiar, and similar to and old band that I recently heard were getting back together after all this time...Nah, surely not?

Anyway, I quite like it in a Dancing Queen sort of way.

- Kev

• Up vote 3
Social source share

That's the first heavy metal song I've ever heard with actual singing (not screaming), and they actually can carry a tune!  Too bad about the awful instrumental.  The drummer was good, however.

7 hours ago, Dobber said:

I really like it,its like ABBA with guitars,which i must add i cant stand ABBA! But this version is very good! I wouldnt call it heavy metal though! More garage band sounding!👍

Their singing is more soulful than ABBA.  It's not really heavy metal.  It's "Light Metal"!  😄

• Up vote 2
Social source share

10 hours ago, Mach said:

Not for me..poor immitation of the original

I didn't mean to imply that they sang the song better than Rita and The Tiaras.  I just meant that their delivery was a more Soulful sound than ABBA's (which wasn't at all very "Soulful", and that I had never before heard the remotest link to decent singing or anything to which I could listen without having the urge to vomit, from a "Heavy Metal" song.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

The thing that annoys me with these cover versions is when the masses hear these tunes, the cover artiste usually gets all praise & recognition,and the original artiste is often oblivious to them. The amount of people that think that soft cell are the original artiste of tainted love is a case in point amongst many others.

Social source share

13 minutes ago, Mach said:

The thing that annoys me with these cover versions is when the masses hear these tunes, the cover artiste usually gets all praise & recognition,and the original artiste is often oblivious to them. The amount of people that think that soft cell are the original artiste of tainted love is a case in point amongst many others.

Yes totally agree. Haven't they got any idea's or creativity of there own!

Things like Yazz "The Only Way Is Up" and Simply Red with "A Lot Of Love". They totally overshadow the original better recordings.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 03/07/2021 at 15:23, John Hart said:

Gracias Russ ,

Just bought a copy for 9 euros off Metal MailOrder ,{Plenty left on Discogs ,in coloured vinyl ,from Transylvania ,Doom Metal etc on discogs } ..  Tiaras, Gloria Jones  etc Kent copies £40 ,to £100, Orig versions £6,000 !!  Vocals very authentic to Ritas ,arrangement spot on ,and slightly stompier. As Ken B says Good effort from Sweden ,NS meets Death Metal !

Now on Kent at £7.99 , not £40, in the Soul Store on this site. I think I know where my money would go

- Kev

Social source share

2 hours ago, Mach said:

If the records puts some cash in the songwriters pocket I do not mind at all , and I doubt if the songwriters mind too.

Bit like the Womack story when The Stones covered " It's All Over Now ' he was fuming till the writers cheque came in.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Great News For Lew Baretto ,{Dore Records} .

Some well deserved , more income from a tremendous Failed commercial tune !

Gloria Jones got nada from " Tainted",{Alledgely},.. But yet the producers of the 2019 Richard Curtis movie "Yesterday " Paid Sony 10 Million $ for a  few Beatles  songs, { Macca Still Fights for the Rights on early tunes Post 50 year copyright deadline !!}  The Mafiosa Minefield of Music Rights ??

songs {Macca still fights for copyright on earlier tunes,, post 50 year limit}.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!