Price Guides Tb V Jm

Ernie Andrews

Hi- I spoke to Pete last week about prices of records and he said he had taken both guides and took the middle ground. Do you think the Yanks will get the TB one and start advertising the middle ground or will they just follow the most expensive listing.

I havent seen the New one yet(TB) whats it like eg whats the difference in prices- some examples would be nice to help me consider to buy it. :D

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have recently received both guides (as it took a month to get the JM one as the first lot got lost in the post).

Have not had a chance to scan both fully, but do seem to be some quite big differences in prices. Some of the JM prices way over, & some TB Way under (I hope anyway). Obviously both to be used as a reference, & not a be all & end all of prices.

I recently got A Shades of Jade for about £130. In TB it's a £100 (although on one of their recent lists it was up for £200), & on JM it's listed as £200. Whatever that may tell you.

They do agree on The Montclairs - Hey you! at £750 though (just mentioning as selling mine in the New Year, unlikely to be as much as that though!!)

If you have any particular 45's put them on & i'll throw up the TB prices

Mike

So

Social source share

I have recently received both guides (as it took a month to get the JM one as the first lot got lost in the post).

Have not had a chance to scan both fully, but do seem to be some quite big differences in prices. Some of the JM prices way over, & some TB Way under (I hope anyway). Obviously both to be used as a reference, & not a be all & end all of prices.

I recently got A Shades of Jade for about £130. In TB it's a £100 (although on one of their recent lists it was up for £200), & on JM it's listed as £200. Whatever that may tell you.

They do agree on The Montclairs - Hey you! at £750 though (just mentioning as selling mine in the New Year, unlikely to be as much as that though!!)

If you have any particular 45's put them on & i'll throw up the TB prices

Mike

So

link

Cheers Mike

Players 4 - two of us - Knoll

Lord Luther- My mistake- Shireck

Meadow- You bring me pain - Fine (still waiting to arrive from USA)

Tobi Lark-Hapiness is here- Topper

Matta baby- Do the pearl Girl - Penny

Social source share

Players 4 - two of us - Knoll      £500

Lord Luther- My mistake- Shireck  £250/£300

Meadow- You bring me pain - Fine (still waiting to arrive from USA)    £300/£300

Tobi Lark-Hapiness is here- Topper  £200/£150

Matta baby- Do the pearl Girl - Penny  £50

link

Have put the TB prices first & JM after if listed. Hope helps. Not any huge differences though. Hope helps

Mike

Social source share

Have put the TB prices first & JM after if listed. Hope helps. Not any huge differences though. Hope helps

Mike

link

Cheers Mike

Matta baby is IMO very rare- even Pete says hes only seen 3 copies

So is it that price cos its shite! Pink & Perky do James Brown

(actually I love it)

Plyaers 4 in Manship is £150 I think

Social source share

TB prices for the following would be nice:  :thumbsup:

Fredrick Knight - Steppin Down - MAXINE    £300

Leo Price & Band - Hey Now Baby - UP-DOWN    £700

Homer Banks - Sweetie Pie - GENIE  £300

Tiny Topsy - Just A Little Bit - FEDERAL  £25 if other side is 'miss you so', otherwise not listed

link

In the TB guide if a record is £15 or less they just put low and not a price, & that seems to be what all the records that I have next to em :angry: Dont't think i've been in the game long enough to have picked up all the above kind of things, nevermind

Mike

Social source share

I'm told that TB rates Flowers "For real" at £100, is it right that's what it says? Manship has £450, but I've only ever seen one for sale at £500 some 3 years ago. Surely they are both way out aren't they? I've heard rumour of closer to 4 figures.

Paul

SITC

link

Yep Paul, £100 in TB, quite a difference & as you say, not seen for less than JM price if it does come up for sale, so is the TB price realistic? Do seem to be a few like that in that particular guide, you can't win. As said before both great for reference, but not be all & end all. What your willing to pay, but i'm sure no one likes to be ripped off

Mike

Social source share

I've now binned the JM guide and only use the TB one. Also there are many many records in TB which aren't in JM - for instance Lois Lane on Wand which books at 300 quid, because it's not in JM, all the people who rely on the JM book didn't spot it so I got it for like 70 dollars. Which was nice.

Social source share

I think it is VERY unlikeley to get this record (Tiny Topsy) at 25 UKP... :thumbsup: more of 250.....

link

Which one do you mean?

"Miss You So"/"Aw Shucks Baby" surely isn't more than £25? :thumbsup:

I do agree with you if you're on about "Just A Little Bit" though.

A damn hard 45 to track down.

Leo Price at £700. Wow. My copy is up for grabs if anyone needs it.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :lol:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Can someone price me a few please :thumbsup:

Norris Vines - Give In - Smile  £500

James Moore - A Man Should Never Cry - Tishman  £250 (listed as Jackie Moore & wilson Pickett

Jock Mitchell - Nomad Woman - Golden Hit  £250

Archie Hodge - I 've got to see you - narco  £800 (listed as 'I really want to see you girl'!!!)

Cheers,

Billy :)thumbsup.gif

link

Managed to get my son off laptop long enough to put these up - hope helps

Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!