Cheap home storage for records

Decent price, but you might find a lid useful. I have my vinyl in "Really Useful Boxes", with 45s in these:

https://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/b09_0litreXL.php

Be warned - you can find the same horizontal dimension boxes in places like Staples etc, but they don't come with the necessary higher lid that accommodates 45s.

Further warning - The boxes don't stack inside each other when empty so the packaging is pretty large, depending on how much you order - don't be surprised at the size of the delivery!

Final warning - think about the weight of the box once you've got the records in it. I'm happy with these boxes on a stack of shelves like this, but did find that the ones I thought would work for LPs and 12" stacked face on were far too heavy, so changed to ones where you stack the records side on to the handles instead ( as you can see on the floor below the shelves).

1249582556_Recordboxesonshelves.thumb.JPG.4d4c1791ea00f0fe65d97831e5a2ce4e.JPG

• Up vote 3
Social source share

12 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

These are so retro

31232987215_03701b2746_b.jpg

Commonly used by college DJ’s in the 1970’s. Fine for disco-pop but Northern rarities call for special storage. White cardboard 200 boxes are ideal; with a lid, you can stack them; weightwise they are easy to handle; inexpensive when bought in bulk.

Social source share

I've got various boxes, metal, wooden hand made, super strong 300 count boxes, shelves, stacks, cardboard, drawers etc but beer crates still look fantastic and remind me of days when you could just have a look through without any hang ups, ( nicking etc) - yeah, have a look through pal. ( And yes the guys knew who to watch) no rose tinted specs but happy days. Still happens now with the right guys and what's great is, pull a tune and they go - yeah Pete, you'll like that. Trust & honesty,= no lids on boxes, rarer than rare, cheers

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Here's a design of crate I came up with , reinforced handles on the exterior , fits singles completely allowing stacking and can be used layed on their side and stacked as a shelf system , 4 sizes ,cube ,40 cm ,50 cm  40cm double and album crate , more of an hobby but have sold a few, these all went ,

20200521_152735~2.jpg

20200417_172646~2.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

45 minutes ago, Source said:

on the storage side

anyone a source for decent but cheap record dividers ?

I use sleeves of a different colour to sort out my boxes . As my records are all in white sleeves I went for red and you can still close the lids.

a random box in photo and 4 red sleeves to illustrate what I mean. 

20210717_112121.jpg

Edited by Greedy Mick
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!