Kent 6t's 100 Club Anniversary Singles

Supercorsa

I think I've just witnessed for the first time, a record go up in value over night.

I was just browsing on Manship's site and was interested in the (Ady's)Kent releases, mainly the 100 Club anniversary singles. The one that has raised my eyebrows is the one from 2000.

Junior McGants - Try Me For Your New Love b/w Garland Green - Come Through Me

I'm positive that a couple of days ago it was up for sale at £60,which seemed to be double or even treble what the others were going for. This morning I see it's up for sale at £75! :D Coincidentally one copy was sold on ebay for £43 yesterday, would this be a good enough reason for it to rise in value?

Do you think it is worth £75?

Is it available on any of the Kent CD's?

And finally Ady, have you got a spare copy? :D:D

I know they were originally only given out at the 100 Club in limited numbers. I suppose I'm just feeling a bit peeved with myself for not attending the 100 Club more often (Apologies, Ady).

While we're on the subject, which anniversary single is your favourite?

Mine's this years one by The Magicians b/w Wee Willie Walker, because I was handed it by the lovely Kolla! (nothing to do with not attending any of the others, whatsoever :shhh: )

Social source share

• Replies 37
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

My personal fave is the Peggy Gaines/San Franciscan TKO's single. Top notch.

link

Mine too Alison.

In fact my brother and his wife had their first dance at their wedding to Peggy Gaines. :D

It got a bit of interest from the non soulies present too.

Social source share

My personal fave is the Peggy Gaines/San Franciscan TKO's single. Top notch.

link

I want one big time.

Anybody got one they would like to sell me????

Ta very muchly.

Jamie

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

do people collect kent singles?

i've got the first two (501&502) spare, i've seen a lot of the second one around but i haven't seen the first one - which is clear/green vinyl

are these worth anything?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

do people collect kent singles?

i've got the first two (501&502) spare, i've seen a lot of the second one around but i haven't seen the first one - which is clear/green vinyl

are these worth anything?

link

I think we are talking about Anniversary singles Mark. Arent we?

I sold the one with Judy Clay and Johnnie Taylor on, as I had two, but dont know how.

I emailed Ady first to check it was OK before I did it tho. I didnt want him to think I only go to the 100 to flog his records on :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

1 HEY STONEY FACE - Mary Love / IT'S BEEN SO LONG- Ikettes / THE WALLFLOWER - Etta James

2 LITTLE BY LITTLE - CHUCK JACKSON / MAGIC TOUCH - MELBA MOORE

3 NOT MY GIRL - PLATTERS / WELCOME TO DREAMSVILLE - SAMMY AMBROSE

4 LOVE IS GONNA GET YOU - PEGGY WOODS / YOU JUST CHEAT & LIE INSTR. - Z.Z. HILL BAND

5 THIS MAN WANTS YOU ( ALT. VERSION ) - WALLY COX / DOING THE HUNDRED - SIX TEASERS

6 BABY, BABY I WANT YOU - FABULOUS IMPACTS / NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO NOT MY GIRL - HAMPTONS

7 I'LL NEVER STOP LOVING YOU - CARLA THOMAS / PEACHES BABY- PROPHETS

8 WHAT'S WITH THIS LONELINESS - CHUCK JACKSON / SURF & SOUL - SUPERB STRINGS

9 YOU CAN'T LOSE SOMETHING YOU NEVER HAD - CHUBBY CHECKER / HERE COMES LONELINESS - TEARDROPS

10 LOVE HAS PASSED ME BY - PHIL TERRELL / WHY DID SHE LIE - VIC & JOHN

11 AIN'T THAT GOOD ENOUGH - JOHN EDWARDS / THIS MAN'S ARMS - LOLEATTA HOLLOWAY

12 TODAY IS MY DAY - DEAN COURTNEY / LOCK & KEY - SHARON SCOTT

13 YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - LORRAINE CHANDLER / MY IMAGINATION - METROS

14 WHEN THE BOY THAT YOU LOVE - PEGGY GAINES / MAKE UP YOUR MIND - SAN FRANSISCAN TKOS

15 SINCE YOU CAME ALONG - JUDY CLAY / PLEASE LET ME IN - JOHNNIE TAYLOR

16 TRY ME FOR YOUR NEW LOVE - JUNIOR MCCANTS / COME THRU ME - GARLAND GREEN

17 AIN'T YOU GLAD - MILL EVANS / I'M THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU - MILLIONAIRES

18 CAN'T SAY NO - M&M & Peanuts / I IDOLIZE YOU - Charmaines

19 TO GET LOVE YOU'VE GOT TO BRING LOVE - Debra Johnson / I REALLY LOVE YOU - Diplomats

20 (JUST A LITTLE) FAITH & UNDERSTANDING - Magicians / I DON'T WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE - Wee Willie Walker

Social source share

the john edwards version of "ain't that god enough" seems to be attracting attention again,one went for £67 a few weeks ago on ebay and then another copy went for £28 within about a week of each other,which just shows you can't use ebay as a reliable price guide

Mick

Social source share

As an exile in Canada I try and buy all the anniversary 45's, mainly because, as has been previously stated, they contain previously unreleased tracks.

Having said that I am a bit reluctant to pay 60 quid ($130C) for this years.

As an aside, I also have all the Kent 45's as well!

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Junior McGants - Try Me For Your New Love  b/w Garland Green - Come Through Me

link

Certainly one of my favourites (and we got Garland Green to sign ours in LA :thumbsup: ) although if pushed i'd have to agree with Ali and Mikey on the SF TKO's and PG record :thumbsup:

Trouty

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Debra Johnson is my favourate (although there are several I have not heard). As a point of interest, it's generally very popular amongst the funk DJs.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

I'm glad Debra's getting some action, I thought it was as classy a record as say Ann Sexton. I also think the Johnnie Taylor/Judy Clay double sider deserves more attention.

Garland Green is on Modern Masterpieces, I have very few spares though.

It makes sense them fetching money, they are genuine short runs and usually the only time they get on vinyl.

Kent tracks like the two OC Tolberts should also pick up in rarety.

Social source share

Garland Green is on Modern Masterpieces, I have very few spares though.

link

Without wishing to offend those that attended, are you refering to the single or CD, Ady?

If the single, could you let me know by email how much you'd be willing to sell one? I say by email, because half the vultures on here would beat me to 'em! ranting_1.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

I know that at the Frankfurt weekender, my mate Phil Rains said everyone had (and wanted to play) Wee Willie Walker, but thinking everyone else would indeed play it.......they didn't .

Damn shame, my personal fav...although You only live twice is simply brilliant.

Social source share

I like the Teardrops/Here Comes Lonliness

Shame about the rotten sound quality though

Over recorded and tape dropout  ranting_1.gif

link

I prefer the other side You Can't Lose Something You Never Had Supposed to be Chubby Checker but I've got my doubts, sounds more like Jimmy Radcliffe. If your readiing Ady, I know you said you was going to ask? Did you get anywhere?

Social source share

• 2 months later...

I prefer the other side You Can't Lose Something You Never Had Supposed to be Chubby Checker but I've got my doubts, sounds more like Jimmy Radcliffe.  If your readiing Ady, I know you said you was going to ask?  Did you get anywhere?

link

Soz not yet.

I'm sure i've got a copy of the 25th for £99 somewhere.

Ady

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Jeez, yet another one going throught the roof!

>> Click Here <<  :thumbsup:

link

Crikey Charlies!!!!

I'm playing the Wee Willie Walker track at Sheridans tonight. I will announce this is now a £100 track!!! :ohmy:

I'm also playing the San Franciscan TKO's, and the flip, Peggy Gaines. :yes:

They are dreamy pieces of music though, aren't they?

Jamie :rolleyes:

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

I gave two away this week. No wonder he was keen to get hold of em!

Are you reading this you gooner rip-off merchant? :rolleyes:

Social source share

Suprised Lorraine Chandler's not got a mention. My favourite for ages and had seen one or two in sales boxes for £50. Wonder if that will go up more now she's performed it at Prestatyn.

When we arrived on Thursday could hear LC singing it during the rehersal, couldn't have timed it better if I'd have planned it , walking in on that one.

Gaye

Social source share

I have got a spare copy (knew there was a reason, I took the wife) of the following 100 club anniversary singles:

Johnnie Taylor/ Judy Clay

Garland Green/Junior McCants

M&M and the Peanuts/The Charmaines

I'm looking to trade for any other 100 Club singles especially the Peggy Gaines or The Magicians. I'm NOT LOOKING TO SELL THEM.

Any interest please email me off forum at mormar44@btopenworld.com

Cheers Mark

Social source share

Judy Clay is awesome & I'm suprised that this didn't reach monster proportions country wide, not just on the hallowed floor of 100 Oxford Street.

Uncanny that I have been giving the Kent CD with this on some hammer in the car recently & altho' I have alway's loved it, I had forgotten just how spine tinglingly, hairs on the back of the neck, good this is......powerhouse proppa soul & then some........come on you lot, every one that has a copy & gets behind the decks, give it some heavey plays & let the rest of the world benefit from a true 100 club gem.

Peggy Gaines/SFTKO'S wink.gifwink.gif:D

Russ

Social source share

Guest DeeJay

The Chuck Jackson 'What's With This Loneliness' is still my all time fave, think I'll spin it tonight at the Albrighton reunion.

link

Got to agree with you there Davey boy been after this 4 ever

DJ/quote]

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I like the Teardrops/Here Comes Lonliness

Shame about the rotten sound quality though

Over recorded and tape dropout  :wicked:

link

The Saxony copies sound much better. :thumbsup:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share