JMAuction - 14/07/2021 - Results!

Thank you for sharing as always my friend 😁🙏

As Harry said. Airplane song is a proper rare record that hardly ever comes up for sale , I bet there's been a ratio of about 10 / 1 in Hamilton movement favour  compared to Norma Jenkins for sale over the last few years. But I'm sure someone will correct me on that 🤔🤪

I also think it's a great record.  

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Teddy Randazzo ouch - a set sale record any day of the week. Cajun Hart broke the sound barrier but the eBay hunters have pushed this one up and up recently. This Hamilton Movement was a bargain price given the condition of the copy a few weeks ago. High Keys doubled in price. John seems to be liquidating someone’s collection bit by bit, so they should be happy with the profits.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

54 minutes ago, harrythedog said:

Norma Jenkins. Rarest record on John,s site for a long time . Always was rare and you hardly ever see it up for sale or even played. Quality oldie and one of my all time favourites. Thought it might go for a bit more in todays market.

Very intense, a bit like girl in trouble the fawns...no doubt rare, but give me "imagine that" anyday.

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Teddy Randazzo ouch - a set sale record any day of the week. Cajun Hart broke the sound barrier but the eBay hunters have pushed this one up and up recently. This Hamilton Movement was a bargain price given the condition of the copy a few weeks ago. High Keys doubled in price. John seems to be liquidating someone’s collection bit by bit, so they should be happy with the profits.

Got M- Teddy Randazzo for a mate at £80 inc postage off US eBay 10 months back

Edited by Modernsoulsucks
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

What a clown who has paid this! Id want a mint uk issue for that! Usa demo is the least rarest format,and again not rare,crops up at least once a month at half that amount! Divvy!

yes, strong money for a us demo that ..i,d better revalue my lovely uk issue ...lol 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thank you for sharing as always my friend 😁🙏

As Harry said. Airplane song is a proper rare record that hardly ever comes up for sale , I bet there's been a ratio of about 10 / 1 in Hamilton movement favour  compared to Norma Jenkins for sale over the last few years. But I'm sure someone will correct me on that 🤔🤪

I also think it's a great record.  

probably nearer 20 to one in favour of hamilton over norma.. really that auction price is laughable as i appreciate how in demand HM is but its proving to be not that rare at all

• Up vote 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

uk copies all jump tho..its in the pressing that was dubbed from a faulty usa copy

Well pointed out! Ive had 2 uk mint demos in the past and both jumped in the same spot! And under the microscope absolutely no imperfection! I thought maybe it was a fault on master recording that maybe was mixed after the usa copies? I didnt know the uk issue jumped too? Although it would make sense that it would!

Social source share

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Well pointed out! Ive had 2 uk mint demos in the past and both jumped in the same spot! And under the microscope absolutely no imperfection! I thought maybe it was a fault on master recording that maybe was mixed after the usa copies? I didnt know the uk issue jumped too? Although it would make sense that it would!

the uk issue copy i have doesn,t jump at all ,and never has ........and i can,t remember about the uk demo copy i have to be honest .

Edited by Stanley
Social source share

11 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

uk copies all jump tho..its in the pressing that was dubbed from a faulty usa copy

news to me dave, my uk issue copy doesn,t jump at all and never has .i can,t honestly remember about the demo copy though that i sold .

Social source share

12 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

see i always thought the black issue was rarer on the high keys..and there has been 3 times as many yellow demos as black issues thru ebay

Yes that's how it's looks to me over the years of trawling through boxes and lists.

I always prefer the blue demo and blue issue over the yellow demo and black issue.

I was told that the yellow demo/black issue combination was set up as a jazz series on Verve?

Or could it be just a different pressing plant from the blue demo/ blue issue combination?

Edited by D9 Ktf
Social source share

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

news to me dave, my uk issue copy doesn,t jump at all and never has .i can,t honestly remember about the demo copy though that i sold .

The skip is somewhere just after the middle and  is so insignificant that at first i wasnt sure i was hearing it! But once your ears know its there its like a pending piece of bad news waiting for you! 😂

• Up vote 1
Social source share

41 minutes ago, Stanley said:

trust me george its there on ALL uk issues and demo copies at 1 minute 44 seconds.  its not on individual copies it was dubbed from a USA 45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofyL2ElzuB4&ab_channel=JohnManship

Edited by Dave Pinch
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

40 minutes ago, D9 Ktf said:

Yes that's how it's looks to me over the years of trawling through boxes and lists.

I always prefer the blue demo and blue issue over the yellow demo and black issue.

I was told that the yellow demo/black issue combination was set up as a jazz series on Verve?

Or could it be just a different pressing plant from the blue demo/ blue issue combination?

yes yellow demo  and black issue counterpart are the same pressing plant and were usually used for their jazzier output but plenty of the usual soul releases were pressed at this plant too

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

trust me george its there on ALL uk issues and demo copies at 1 minute 44 seconds.  its not on individual copies it was dubbed from a USA 45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofyL2ElzuB4&ab_channel=JohnManship

Never knew this. Thank the lord I'm not a British collector and only have it on a white demo which I paid 90 quid for back in the day ( and was probably ripped off) I'd never be able to listen to it again knowing it was dubbed off an original 😜 complete with a jump.

Social source share

11 minutes ago, John A said:

Never knew this. Thank the lord I'm not a British collector and only have it on a white demo which I paid 90 quid for back in the day ( and was probably ripped off) I'd never be able to listen to it again knowing it was dubbed off an original 😜 complete with a jump.

same here john. bought the w/demo much cheaper years ago and it will do for me as couldnt see the point in paying 4 times as much for a uk copy. due to demand its now giving the uk copy a run for its money

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, Chalky said:

Ady Pountain had it, George Sharp too if memory serves. 

Almost said George Sharp - I had it on a 'Rare Detroit' cassette I got off him back in the 80s. (And funnily enough, I bought a record off him the other week).😁

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!