Events - The weekend just gone....?

Mike

Any more reviews on how venturing out has been after such a long time from anyone?

I'm looking forward to dipping my toe back in / 're-grouping' with folk, so it would be good to hear how various places have been.

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Mod Life Crisis said:

Popped into MK Soul Club’s event at Olney on Friday night. We arrived at 8 and had difficulty finding a spare table (which is never the case there). People were already on the dance floor and the place was buzzing (akin to how it would be by about 10 pm pre-COVID).

We’ve been going to this event for 2-3 years now and this was comfortably the fullest we have seen it, with the best atmosphere there to date. It seems that North Bucks has a pent-up demand for Northern. Long may that continue!

Olney, as in, near Milton Keynes? (I guess it must be what with 'MK' Soul Club) Just up the road from me - When's the next one?

Thanks for the reviews thus far - It's good to hear how things are developing after our 'famine' :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

as well as site led topics like this

our event review feature is now up and running, its a feature where members can post reviews on all past events

to get to it, just hit the red button as shown below (shows at the end of comments) when viewing an event normally

review-button.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 09/08/2021 at 19:30, Winsford Soul said:

Ste

PS . Forgot to add that we had a BVAN reunion type thingy.  Soulandy,  Lorraine,  Ste, Martin L and myself  . Was good to catch up with them as always.  

Went to Swinton which was enjoyable but certainly not full but a nice relaxed atmosphere and good to be back out. A few gremlins with the speakers downstairs early on that were soon sorted and didn't distract from the night. For me, a great way to get back in to going out 👍

Was good to catch up with you Steve and finally put faces to Martin, Ste and Lorraine. Nice one

Edited by Soulandy
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Soulandy said:

Went to Swinton which was enjoyable but certainly not full but a nice relaxed atmosphere and good to be back out. A few gremlins with the speakers downstairs early on that were soon sorted and didn't distract from the night. For me, a great way to get back in to going out 👍

Was good to catch up with you Steve and finally put faces to Martin, Ste and Lorraine. Nice one

Likewise Andy. Always good to see you mate

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, marty57 said:

Oops Underwood Junction 27 on the M1,sorry Barrie , good night there if want a cross the board , Looks like NG4 Friday Mapperly Top Nottingham, mostly oldies , it's another top notch night , great blend of peeps to be found !

J21 is leicester marty. Your always welcome of course. 😁

Social source share

1 hour ago, Leicester Boy said:

J21 is leicester marty. Your always welcome of course. 😁

Aye m8 I know , where the M 69 starts , had a bloody  mere with the 69 being shut last Saturday trying to get to Nuneaton got lost on way back trundling around country lanes in the wee small hours , such fun !

• Up vote 2
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Mike. Ive just posted a Stafford Rangers review in the Events review section mate

Ste

nice one

quick site tip

on your review if you hit the three dots  ...  at the top right hand of the review and then choose the 'share this review' option

you get a link, which when posted in the forum will look like this 👍

makes it easier to get over and read your words

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Ventured out to Culcheth dayer charity event in aid of Blesma.

Me & Lorraine really enjoyed it, arrived late at six and stayed until it ended at eleven.

Great variety of music, not the same old same old.

Met up with friends and acquaintances, plus the rare pleasure of seeing fellow soulsourcer Martyn Pitt.

All proceeds went to a worthy cause.

Ste :thumbup:

• Up vote 3
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!