JMAuction - 04/08/2021 - Results!

Thank you for posting my friend as always.  😁🙏

Looks like Barbara Lynn is flavour of the month with some rich person. WTF.  Absolutel joke.  Or am I missing something 🤔

Shirley Johnson is a nice record but I've no idea how much its worth.  If someone would have said £10 I would have been non the wiser.  

Social source share

22 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Looks like Barbara Lynn is flavour of the month with some rich person. WTF.  Absolutel joke.  Or am I missing something 🤔.  

hi hello,

the Barbara Lynn record is a small bargain considering what SJ is currently charging for it.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Looks like Barbara Lynn is flavour of the month with some rich person. WTF.  Absolutel joke.  Or am I missing something 🤔

Shirley Johnson is a nice record but I've no idea how much its worth.  If someone would have said £10 I would have been non the wiser.  

Totally agree Steve, it's a great song but even 500 quid is to much it's not even that rare, I might be wrong but wasn't it given out with Soul Packs by Soul Bowl in the 1970's....

• Up vote 1
Social source share

22 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Just up the road from John there is a well known looking for £1500 for Barbara Lynn..... Cannot believe rare, I have had 3 copies in 20 years and I am small time... Bet there are 100's!

• Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Benji said:

12 inch is the dearlove repress.

I thought there had been a genuine US press, a legit re-press from Rod Dearlove and the dreaded boot from Italy. The reason being as a new release I Remember some friends  sent for the record through the record company only to end up with the 12''. Seem to remember snaging the 7'' from possibly Mike Charlton, as I said pretty much a new release. All the Benvick 7'' 45's in 2021 have all but vanished, even the Bobby Finch was spotted on a regular basis up untill 5 years ago (crap joke in there some where). The first Class ' Love is real' has to be the toughest on the logo, and one of the best Baltimore sweet 45's of the period. only recall seeing the copy I own and maybe one other, never in quantity, no idear what happened to them.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

3 hours ago, Benji said:

12 inch is the dearlove repress.

It was around before that on a US 12" originally. Played extensively on the modern scene around 1990 or so . Got a bit sick of hearing it tbh! 

Seem to remember you could pick up the original 12" from dealers quite easily, like a new import, for a certain period around that time. But may be misremembering that bit..

Edited by Joesoap
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Barbara not really flavour of the month as its been played regularly since the 80s when it was cheap. Its just grown and grown tho and just kept goin up in price and has been a regular £500+ record for a few years now right or wrong. We all know its not that rare in the scheme but its been unavailable for years and copies  always get snapped up quickly when they come up. £900+ must be an all time high tho £1500 on  RNS is most certainly a bridge too far tho

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

yes i know about that mate but theres a couple of original 12 variations that were always half or a third of the price of the 7in tho i appreciate they have hit like £250 now

Thanks. Didn't know there were orig 12". Only recall the represses from back then.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

20 hours ago, Joesoap said:

It was around before that on a US 12" originally. Played extensively on the modern scene around 1990 or so . Got a bit sick of hearing it tbh! 

Seem to remember you could pick up the original 12" from dealers quite easily, like a new import, for a certain period around that time. But may be misremembering that bit..

Yes, I think records with that catchy anthem type structure do tend to grate if you hear them out all the time. If you leave them alone for a good enough period and spin them once in a while all is well.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!