Warped Records

Mike B

Any tried and tested tips Boys and girls for straightening warps out of vinyl 45's? Just got a record that was advertised as warp NAP but its got a tight heat warp and the needle skips at any weight.... as the seller refunded my money I've nothing to lose in trying to get rid of or lessen the warp :huh:

Cheers

Mike B

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ Feb 4 2007, 02:32 PM) link
Any tried and tested tips Boys and girls for straightening warps out of vinyl 45's? Just got a record that was advertised as warp NAP but its got a tight heat warp and the needle skips at any weight.... as the seller refunded my money I've nothing to lose in trying to get rid of or lessen the warp :huh:

Cheers

Mike B

Wet tea towel and an iron...

Social source share

QUOTE(Mike B @ Feb 4 2007, 02:32 PM) link Mike B

Wet tea towel and an iron...

Top tip Pete - first one I tried it on is now approx 6 inches across with more creases than an unironed shirt - then I realised I'd knocked the temperature up to cotton :wicked: tried it again on another one on a cool setting and while not perfect is deffo an improvement and as they say is now "fine for DJ'ing " :yes: wouldn't recommend it on anything too pricey though unless it is a last resort :thumbsup:

Cheers Mate!

Mike

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ Feb 4 2007, 07:36 PM) link
Top tip Pete - first one I tried it on is now approx 6 inches across with more creases than an unironed shirt - then I realised I'd knocked the temperature up to cotton :wicked: tried it again on another one on a cool setting and while not perfect is deffo an improvement and as they say is now "fine for DJ'ing " :yes: wouldn't recommend it on anything too pricey though unless it is a last resort :thumbsup:

Cheers Mate!

Mike

I did this successfully on a stock copy of Adams Apples - Don't Take It Out On This World, so I knew it could be trusted!

Social source share

QUOTE(Mike B @ Feb 4 2007, 07:36 PM) link Top tip Pete - first one I tried it on is now approx 6 inches across with more creases than an unironed shirt - then I realised I'd knocked the temperature up to cotton :rolleyes: tried it again on another one on a cool setting and while not perfect is deffo an improvement and as they say is now "fine for DJ'ing " :unsure: wouldn't recommend it on anything too pricey though unless it is a last resort :lol:

Cheers Mate!

Mike

I did this successfully on a stock copy of Adams Apples - Don't Take It Out On This World, so I knew it could be trusted!

Sounds like a new addition to listings "FRESHLY IRONED" :thumbsup:

Derek

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!