Soul Shack News - Still Going Strong - Solar Radio

Just a quick update regarding 'The Soul Shack' - Solar Radio - Sunday Nights - 8pm - 10pm UK Time and 9pm - 11pm Central Europe - Channel 0129 Sky Digital - www.solarradio.com - Well I'm still hanging on in there just...lol the recent funding problems are still there in the background but with recent help from 'The Attic Boy's', Mansfield and numerous friends of 'The Soul Shack' I'm still able to broadcast every Sunday. Now well into seven years on the station i am determined to hang on in there and keep the Sunday slot alive but it's hard as i'm constantly worried about the funding issues, the support and listenership out there is fanstastic and if nothing else i will do all i can to stay on the air, self funding, gigs, basically whatever it takes?

There is enough in the kitty from various contributions,from friends of 'The Soul Shack', 'The Orwell Boy's', 'Jo Wallace' who organised the 'Marine Broker' event in London last September and 'The Attic Boy's' as i said to keep me going until about the end of March and then it's back to the drawing board so if you have any ideas i would love to hear them, i promised myself i would not go down the begging bowl route again and i have told the station that, i basically need funding from a record company, event or organisation, i support all poduct i recieve and events so i'm not asking for much really, all the money from my DJ bookings will be going towards keeping the show together, i would also like to do a legit CD alongside the show of which some of the funds raised could go towards the upkeep of the show...so again any ideas?????

I've had to hold fire with studio guests recently due to the funding issues but i hope to be getting some quality guest DJ's and collectors into The Shack real soon which will include John May, Keith Williams, Dave Greet, Chalky, Andy Whitmore and many others.

Please note if there are any promotions who would like a mention on the show then please feel free to forward me all the dates and details and i will gladly give the events a massive plug and mention.

For requests, mentions and dedications please contact bicknellmark@aol.com

Looking forward to three specials in March with a Detroit, Philadelphia and a two hour Chicago special, plus all the regular features, what's on, CD previews and reviews, quality Northern, Crossover and much more.

If you are interested in possibly funding or advertising on the station or maybe either some direct sponsorship please feel free to contact 'Solar' directly or me on bicknellmark@aol.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just a quick update regarding 'The Soul Shack' - Solar Radio - Sunday Nights - 8pm - 10pm UK Time and 9pm - 11pm Central Europe - Channel 0129 Sky Digital - www.solarradio.com - Well I'm still hanging on in there just...lol the recent funding problems are still there in the background but with recent help from 'The Attic Boy's', Mansfield and numerous friends of 'The Soul Shack' I'm still able to broadcast every Sunday. Now well into seven years on the station i am determined to hang on in there and keep the Sunday slot alive but it's hard as i'm constantly worried about the funding issues, the support and listenership out there is fanstastic and if nothing else i will do all i can to stay on the air, self funding, gigs, basically whatever it takes?

There is enough in the kitty from various contributions,from friends of 'The Soul Shack', 'The Orwell Boy's', 'Jo Wallace' who organised the 'Marine Broker' event in London last September and 'The Attic Boy's' as i said to keep me going until about the end of March and then it's back to the drawing board so if you have any ideas i would love to hear them, i promised myself i would not go down the begging bowl route again and i have told the station that, i basically need funding from a record company, event or organisation, i support all poduct i recieve and events so i'm not asking for much really, all the money from my DJ bookings will be going towards keeping the show together, i would also like to do a legit CD alongside the show of which some of the funds raised could go towards the upkeep of the show...so again any ideas?????

I've had to hold fire with studio guests recently due to the funding issues but i hope to be getting some quality guest DJ's and collectors into The Shack real soon which will include John May, Keith Williams, Dave Greet, Chalky, Andy Whitmore and many others.

Please note if there are any promotions who would like a mention on the show then please feel free to forward me all the dates and details and i will gladly give the events a massive plug and mention.

For requests, mentions and dedications please contact bicknellmark@aol.com

Looking forward to three specials in March with a Detroit, Philadelphia and a two hour Chicago special, plus all the regular features, what's on, CD previews and reviews, quality Northern, Crossover and much more.

If you are interested in possibly funding or advertising on the station or maybe either some direct sponsorship please feel free to contact 'Solar' directly or me on bicknellmark@aol.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

www.solarradio.com - Will be featuring some nice tunes via Dave Thorley in the next few weeks, bit of a spotlight on some quality tuneage Dave currently has in stock, should be interesting.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

www.solarradio.com - Will be featuring some nice tunes via Dave Thorley in the next few weeks, bit of a spotlight on some quality tuneage Dave currently has in stock, should be interesting.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

I think there should be a resounding 'Happy Birthday' Mark...7 YEARS...blimey..that's an awfully long time :shhh::thumbsup: Congratulations on getting so far under difficult circumstances...it's a credit to you and in the words of Abba 'Thank you for the music'...it doesn't get much better than 'Soul Shack' - Jo

Social source share

I think there should be a resounding 'Happy Birthday' Mark...7 YEARS...blimey..that's an awfully long time :shhh::thumbsup: Congratulations on getting so far under difficult circumstances...it's a credit to you and in the words of Abba 'Thank you for the music'...it doesn't get much better than 'Soul Shack' - Jo

Cheers Jo, still a bumpy road ahead as ever with funding but this time if we run out of petrol as least we can look back on a pretty good journey since November 2000, still there are plenty of good internet shows out there that are flying the flag as it were so if i am forced to finish then as they say the show will go on? just not with me....lol www.solarradio.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share