Irene And The Scotts + Others

Guest Bearsy

Irene and the Scotts - im stuck on my baby - got one now

Gil Scott Heron - bottle - got one now

The Elutions - you didnt have to leave

Charlie Mintz - I`ll come running back

He has limited money so one or even two of these would be great.

Bearsy

Edited by Bearsy
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 15
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Soul Sid

Ow rite,Ive got a copy of Irene and th SCotts for sale if you still want one.Its yours for £25.00+2.00p+p its an issue ex cond. cheerts. Sid

Social source share

Ow rite,Ive got a copy of Irene and th SCotts for sale if you still want one.Its yours for £25.00+2.00p+p its an issue ex cond. cheerts. Sid

Hi Soul Sid,

im sorted for that now, thanks thumbsup.gif

Bearsy

Social source share

Guest Michael Higgins

Flip over Irene and the Scotts. Two very different and great tracks for the very reasonable price of one. And Detroit into the bargain. Every home should have one. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

The Charles Mintz original on Uplook is very rare: probably got a four-figure pricetag these days. It was re-issued with an instrumental version on the flip, as opposed to "What A Lucky Guy I Am" as per the original. The reissue is a pretty standard £10 or so. Hope this helps.

Social source share

The Charles Mintz original on Uplook is very rare: probably got a four-figure pricetag these days. It was re-issued with an instrumental version on the flip, as opposed to "What A Lucky Guy I Am" as per the original. The reissue is a pretty standard £10 or so. Hope this helps.

Cheers Garethx, i didnt realise it was a 4 figure tune, i thought it was a few hundredish.

thanks again

Bearsy

Social source share

Charlie Mintz - I`ll come running back John Manship had some of these I think

I had a copy of the bottle sorry never read your thread - Sorry Paul but i wanted the original laugh.gif

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest REVILOT

no probs Sid :thumbsup:

This is a s real female group stormer with all the right ingredients. Powerhouse Detroit backing. Michael and Raymond of Man Without A Woman fame are co-writers and indeed it could have been cut a the same session. Superb arrangement as always from the Theo - Coff team - Mike Theodore / Dennis Coffey. Coffey played on dozens of recordings for Motown Records, and introduced the wah-wah guitar sound to Motown producer Norman Whitfield's recordings. He also played on Edwin Starr's "S.O.S. (Stop Her on Sight)," The Isley Brothers' "It's Your Thing", and Freda Payne's "Band of Gold". Two sided gem that should be in every self respecting Northern / Detroit Soul collection.

It was produced by Bob Babbitt, most famous for his work as a member of Motown Records' studio band, the Funk Brothers. Babbitt traded off sessions with main Motown bassist James Jamerson, and was favored over Jamerson by producer Norman Whitfield. Over the course of his career, Babbit has played on over 200 Billboard Hot 100 Top 40 hits, for Motown and other labels as well.

. Among Babbitt's most notable bass performances are "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)" and "We Can Work It Out" by Stevie Wonder, "War" by Edwin Starr, "The Tears of a Clown" by Smokey Robinson & the Miracles, "Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)" by Marvin Gaye, "Ball of Confusion (That's What the World is Today)" by The Temptations and "Smiling Faces Sometimes" by The Undisputed Truth. He has participated in hundreds of other hits, including "Little Town Flirt" by Del Shannon, "I Got a Name" by Jim Croce, "Midnight Train to Georgia" by Gladys Knight & the Pips, "Then Came You" by Dionne Warwick, "Indiana Wants Me" by R. Dean Taylor and "Rubberband Man" by The Spinners.

Social source share