News: Soul Junction New 45 - Willie Williams Give It All I Got - Do You Understand SJ545

Chalky

5 hours ago, Kenb said:

Willie is a fav of mine...so i hope this SJ release does well.

Forgive me...i won't kidnap the post entirely but thought readers may find this interesting. 

Chicago Aug/Sept 1966. The Del-Vettes/Del-Vetts were with 11 musicians (Nate Thomas on piano) at 445 N. Lake Shore recording studio (which at that time was RCA Victor) adding background vocals on some Willie Williams 5 hours and 4 songs recording session, two sides of which became ABC 45-10598 intended a-side “Just Because/It Doesn't Pay”. I don’t think ABC 45-10860 “Have You Ever Been Played For A Fool?/With All Of My Soul” was the other 2 sides since this was recorded at an earlier session. Instead, could it be ABC 11031 (1967/8) I’m Through With You/ Strung Out. Or maybe it was the sides put out on RCA Victor 47-9736 “Just To Be Loved By You/Name It” released at a later date (1969). Producer/arranger Johnny Pate quite often leased sides to other major labels.

The Del-Vettes harmonies can most clearly be heard on “It Doesn’t Pay” starting at about 1 minute in and then through to the end on all the ‘It Doesn’t Pay’ lyrics.

Willie Williams 1968.

Willie Wiiliams Pic.JPG

Nice info, thanks

Dave

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!