JMAuction - 08/09/2021 - Results!

Zanetti

10 minutes ago, D9 Ktf said:

I believe this was because of the sound quality?

I think it's a great tune, but to pay that kind of money for a record that is a modern press of a 60's unreleased track is silly to me! 

Apparantly and imo it's also  best speeded up 8 % or 10 % dependant what your deck will do.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

30 minutes ago, D9 Ktf said:

I believe this was because of the sound quality?

I think it's a great tune, but to pay that kind of money for a record that is a modern press of a 60's unreleased track is silly to me! 

I believe it was licensing issues the reason it wasn’t issued?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

1010084501_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-08um19_08_51.png.60fced4406d83a60c539686e6e368431.png

I would never have thought that a reissue label, one that has a good reputation, would have achieved such a price for a record.
Without going through popsike, discogs and rootsvinyl... what would have been an acceptable price?

Reissue? It was never released so it it had got issued by Grapevine it would have been the first issue. 

plenty of examples of recent releases fetching good money and they are scarce

Social source share

2 hours ago, Chalky said:

I believe it was licensing issues the reason it wasn’t issued?

one Thursday morning in West Winch:

"I'm the attorney for Robert Irvin, James Wagstaff, & Tony Sharp calling with regards to the Barons of Soul record you are selling."

"Sorry that's already gone to Japan"

Social source share

10 hours ago, Soul Shrews said:

Seemed to go fairly cheap in these crazyprice days.

Maybe a little too 'left field' for the Northern Classic collecter ??

Cheers Paul

I'd have probably gone to around £325 if I'd have remembered.....A lot rarer than some that have hit the £600 to £1000 mark recently 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

13 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Swapped a Ronnie McCain that I paid about 50 pence for .....for a free Angela LP....about 1980.....and thought I was the smart one.

Still, I'm glad it must be getting appreciated as its a cracking single.

Ed

Ronnie McCain used to be on sales tapes in the 80's and listed often for £10. I never got round to buying it, even though I did like it as a nice filler.

Social source share

13 hours ago, Merve said:

I'd have probably gone to around £325 if I'd have remembered.....A lot rarer than some that have hit the £600 to £1000 mark recently 

Rex Gardin we're talking about here

I still love the record and don't think I could ever sell mine.

Part 2 on the flipside is fine too !

Cheers Paul

• Up vote 2
Social source share

13 hours ago, Soul Shrews said:

Rex Gardin we're talking about here

I still love the record and don't think I could ever sell mine.

Part 2 on the flipside is fine too !

Cheers Paul

I prefer part 2 as it goes ! Any idea what year it was recorded ? Someone once told me it was 1969 (sounds feasible) but I've no idea where he got that date from.

Social source share

JM states 69.

Seem to remember Pat Brady plugging this at the Windmill club Rotherham about 1980? And quite a few copies selling around £30 which I bought at the venue.

Don't think it was a bootleg, and it was not everybody's cup of tea.

Coincided with the CROW and a few other funk rock style tunes.

Great to dance to.

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

JM states 69.

Seem to remember Pat Brady plugging this at the Windmill club Rotherham about 1980? And quite a few copies selling around £30 which I bought at the venue.

Don't think it was a bootleg, and it was not everybody's cup of tea.

Coincided with the CROW and a few other funk rock style tunes.

Great to dance to.

Ed

Thanks mate - 69 it seems to be then. 

Yes, was a Pat Brady play at The Fleet in 79. To be honest I only ever remember him playing it before it got booted but I'm sure others can correct me if I'm wrong....The Crow was played far earlier, 75 ish 

A great record 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, Merve said:

Thanks mate - 69 it seems to be then. 

Yes, was a Pat Brady play at The Fleet in 79. To be honest I only ever remember him playing it before it got booted but I'm sure others can correct me if I'm wrong....The Crow was played far earlier, 75 ish 

A great record 

The CROW got a UK release and probably why it was getting plugged again....BUT was it Mecca sound in 75? Can't see Wigan adopting that type of tune.

I did not go to cleggy wg until 76, and cant remember it there, so it must have been and gone. Shocking record...I love it!

Ed

Edited by Tomangoes
Spello
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

The CROW got a UK release and probably why it was getting plugged again....BUT was it Mecca sound in 75? Can't see Wigan adopting that type of tune.

I did not go to cleggy wg until 76, and cant remember it there, so it must have been and gone. Shocking record...I love it!

Ed

Can't answer that as I never went to The Mecca. Remember hearing it somewhere in 75/76 when I first started doing nighters and thinking WTF !...Probably St Ives 

As you say, shocking .....Can I have more please 😍

Love it too

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!