Delegates of soul

Soulagogo

5 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Price should rise much higher still. Superior version of a great sound. Very difficult to find in decent condition. Hugely in-demand. Could even go for double what it stands at now.

No doubt, the Delegates of Soul is a great record but the Charles Mintz version is even better and by far the rarest of the two (for those for whom rarity matters)

• Up vote 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, Sunnysoul said:

No doubt, the Delegates of Soul is a great record but the Charles Mintz version is even better and by far the rarest of the two (for those for whom rarity matters)

Charles mintz certainly rarer.  But better… I know it’s subjective but IMO it falls short on both sides compared to DOS. £1000 all day 

Edited by Dave Pinch
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

I rarely, if ever comment on prices ( i don't know enough about them), but suffice to say i wish i could afford what will be the eventual winning bid (+£1000).

I've had a interest in the UpLook records for many a year, and a story on Gene Lawson which at some point i'll post.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

15 minutes ago, Kenb said:

I rarely, if ever comment on prices ( i don't know enough about them), but suffice to say i wish i could afford what will be the eventual winning bid (+£1000).

I've had a interest in the UpLook records for many a year, and a story on Gene Lawson which at some point i'll post.

I was fortunate to be super active record buying 30 years ago and bought a mint copy from pat Brady for £25.. which I still have, it was  expensive at the time. Pat was never cheap lol. Then shortly after I got a minter with water damaged labels from Gary smelt for £10 which I sold on for £18

• Up vote 1
Social source share

22 minutes ago, Dave Pinch said:

I was fortunate to be super active record buying 30 years ago and bought a mint copy from pat Brady for £25.. which I still have, it was  expensive at the time. Pat was never cheap lol. Then shortly after I got a minter with water damaged labels from Gary smelt for £10 which I sold on for £18

I'll just have to continue to make do with the 2016 CD The UPLOOK Records Story.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Usually sells quite quickly for around £900 when listed in EX condition. 

When I bought my 1st copy in the 90's there were quite a few with water damage , nice double header 45 with the flip being played at Crossover and low rider events.

I'm pretty sure I saw a copy   listed his for sale at £1200 a couple of months ago and it sold

Edited by Spook
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

In the mid 80's and Delegates Of Soul was one of the monster sounds played at Tony's Empress Hall allnighters when Guy Hennigan ran it under the Soultown banner. I think it was Butch who was playing it. I then phoned up Soul Bowl and got a mint copy as John Anderson had several copies. The labels had no water damage.  It has now joined the band of classics that just seem to be going up everytime they are listed.

Edited by D9 Ktf
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

I got mine from Soul Bowl .. £10 and a clean, non-water damaged, copy ... Ian Clark tipped me off as it was still being played as the Harmonics - I'll Be Right There

Got 2 copies of Charles Mintz on one of the Philly trips ... let them both go in time as DoS is the better version

I tried to sell my DoS a few years ago for circa £300 but nobody was interested ... as a result it's still here .. thankfully I might say

Andy

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Not sure why people are still acting surprised by current prices certain records are commanding?  These highly sought after 45s, which span two or three facets of the scene, Northern, Crossover, foreign and Japanese collectors and the lowrider scenes etc will always fetch top dollar. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

2 hours ago, Andy Rix said:

I got mine from Soul Bowl .. £10 and a clean, non-water damaged, copy ... Ian Clark tipped me off as it was still being played as the Harmonics - I'll Be Right There

Got 2 copies of Charles Mintz on one of the Philly trips ... let them both go in time as DoS is the better version

I tried to sell my DoS a few years ago for circa £300 but nobody was interested ... as a result it's still here .. thankfully I might say

Andy

Did anyone write up who the band where at all Andy, as I thought that would be up your street ?

https://louielupo.com

To contact us for more info email us at saxistmusic@yahoo.com or louluposax@yahoo.com

Thank you, Louie Lupo

Pennsylvania, United States

Phone contact 609-870-3063

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!