Articles: This Is The Day: Breaking Out Of Obscurity With THE INMATES - Jon Kanis

Chalky

14 minutes ago, Chalky said:

1990 ish if memory serves

I thought it must have been around then. Gary Spencer did me a tape as Rubin Parker, plus Vondells (Athens Rouge) and a track which was a unrelesed Phil-LA test press - can't remember title, but it was on the bit of the taped that severely mangled and snapped.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

The phil-la test press was a version of barbara lynn-we got a good thing going- john manship auctioned it a few years ago-i think it was announced as stanley evans although if i remember correctly the test press was uncredited-wonderful times at the queens hall bradford! Ive still got the above mentioned tape somewhere-will have to dig it out sometime!

Edited by Angus
Social source share

3 hours ago, Angus said:

The phil-la test press was a version of barbara lynn-we got a good thing going- john manship auctioned it a few years ago-i think it was announced as stanley evans although if i remember correctly the test press was uncredited-wonderful times at the queens hall bradford! Ive still got the above mentioned tape somewhere-will have to dig it out sometime!

A version of lynn terry on laselle? To which i love and would love a copy too! And certainly interested in hearing this barbara lynn version too!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!