• Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest soul_hull

looking good boys.

good to see soul in dundee doing well.

i grew up in the area on account of me dad working on the rigs, and 'cut my teeth' at allnighters in dundee caird, marryats, glenrothes, stirling - though to be fair i was very much a scooterboy in those days (80s).

still keep in touch with a few boys up there too.

nice site by the way.

Paul. ('winny' to most folk up there)

Social source share

Guest soul_hull

ps - noticed 'mary slessor centre' on yer site - oyf that brings back memories of 83/4 when they had mod do's there. good times - got a few names from that time too - allie smith, raymie, sprutty, dek m, justin mcnab (i think mcnab), and the twinnies, one of which i'm sad to hear has since passed away.

incidentally - you seen this - fintry NS circa 1974??

Social source share

Guest soulfularab

ps - noticed 'mary slessor centre' on yer site - oyf that brings back memories of 83/4 when they had mod do's there. good times - got a few names from that time too - allie smith, raymie, sprutty, dek m, justin mcnab (i think mcnab), and the twinnies, one of which i'm sad to hear has since passed away.

if you went to the Mary Slessor Mod nights regularly I must know you. Shout & Shimmy Mod Society lives on !!

my name Is Jim and I'm still mates with Mike A (spade),Alan L & Grant B. I know most of the names you listed above and still see some of them regularly, as well as folk, like Wally, PC (Justin's brother) and lasses like Ali and Bev. Unfortunately both twinnies fae Fintry are now tragically dead. Mark died a few years ago and Graeme only a couple of months ago.

Great site John and looking forward to the first night in the new venue at Satchmos !

Edited by soulfularab
Social source share

thanks to Ali Duff - the new "webmaster" for getting the site up and running, we will post up some pictures from the last anniversary in Gennas.

The free CD is almost done, with tracks from Hesitations, Trends, Bobby Angelle and Eddie Billups.

Jim the Arab - now I know what happens to the posters that I put on the front doors of Gennas :thumbsup:

see you next Friday

alan

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

if you went to the Mary Slessor Mod nights regularly I must know you. Shout & Shimmy Mod Society lives on !!

i used to go to these , and the mod balls at st mary magdelans , good nights at those

Social source share

Guest soulfularab

Jim the Arab - now I know what happens to the posters that I put on the front doors of Gennas :thumbsup:

see you next Friday

alan

As if ?? respectable citizen me. I cut and paste it from either this site or the soul scotland one. too much like hard work to nick one of your posters from the door, then scan it in and then resize it !!

see you friday !

Social source share

Guest soulfularab

i used to go to these , and the mod balls at st mary magdelans , good nights at those

they were good nights although i remember a couple of mad nights in the mary magdalenes with us mods on one side of the room and skinheads (boneheads) on the other. somehow the dj managed to keep the peace but usually all hell broke lose outside afterwards !

I can remember the days (mid 80s) when we used to have mod nights in the old YMCA every friday night and the mary slessor centre on every saturday night !

and I remember helping organise a mod allnighter in the mary slessor when some bright spark (Ingy) thought it would be a good idea to not have any chairs in the hall cos he'd seen a picture from a 60s mod club (the scene, I think) that had no chairs ! some very uncool looking mods by half 5 in the morning :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest soul_hull

'ingy'.

fooking hell that brings back memories (of crazy shirts mostly)

say hello to justin for me - i was very good friends with him for a long time, and PC. ally and bev will remember me too - i recognise a few of the other names, but struggling with faces/places.

i'll always have a soft spot for dundee, my teenage years were all spent there.

sorry to hear about graeme - tragic loss.

if i'm ever in the area i'll introduce myself.

Paul.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!