JMAuction - 22/09/2021 - Results!

Zanetti

9 minutes ago, Chalky said:

DoS, really?  It isn't even rare and to see it fetching almost twice the price of Jimmie & The Entertainers, well the lunatics have certainly got out today.  Wee far rarer and it almost eclipsed that.

Sixteen copies on Popsike sold in the last 16 years. That makes it a rare record in my books. In some years, not one copy was auctioned. There will be dozens of collectors who will never own this record. I doubt we will see many copies offered for sale in the future. The chances of anyone buying a top-condition copy anytime soon have just been witnessed at 6.00 p.m. tonight.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Sixteen copies on Popsike sold in the last 16 years. That makes it a rare record in my books. In some years, not one copy was auctioned. There will be dozens of collectors who will never own this record. I doubt we will see many copies offered for sale in the future. The chances of anyone buying a top-condition copy anytime soon have just been witnessed at 6.00 p.m. tonight.

There has been far more copies offered privately, lists, Facebook, soul source etc, it has been up for sale somewhere on a pretty regular basis.  Most dealers no longer use ebay.  If some fool is willing to pay that much for a record that in the scheme of things is pretty common then more fool them, no wonder the market is buggered. 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Jimmie and Entertainers genuinely rare someone has clicked there imho . DOS probably more emphasis on the flip these days but if you’ve been about the UK scene long enough you will know there are an awful lot of copies kicking about in UK collections mainly from back in the day etc . 
I suppose the records a keeper , still surprised at that price however . I thought Wee would scale £2K lovely rare demo that. 

Edited by Baz Atkinson
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

I remember hearing Jimmy & The Entertainers at The Parr Hall in...1985/6.  Seem to recall hearing it was a £70 record way back then when as a poor student living on £15 a week.  £70 was an astronomical sum.

My old buddy back then (and still is today) Neil Brown sold me his copy many years later. I think for £400.  Other than that, and JM's copy, I have never seen once for sale since.  Given this, the final price seems a relative bargain based on rarity if nothing else.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I like Jimmy and the Entertainers and remember when Pat Brady was playing it way back, maybe Stafford T.O.T.W.?

The thing is, the Accents version seems just as good a record to me. The only bizarre Northern Soul thing holding back the Accents is, it's not rare and is easily available!

Edited by D9 Ktf
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

18 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

I've had 2 copies of Jimmy both gone and not bothered tbh

• Up vote 3
Social source share

59 minutes ago, Davey S said:

OK Folks JMs The Group featuring Cecil Washington let's see who's within 500 quid .

My guess £8500.

Dave.

Hello,
please let's discuss and talk shop somewhere else - this is the thread from 22 September.
What do you think about just creating a new topic?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Hello,
please let's discuss and talk shop somewhere else - this is the thread from 22 September.
What do you think about just creating a new topic?

nope, its the only fun we get most weeks, would you deny us all this one small pleasure?

the money is ready £8600, I need sectioning... !!

• Up vote 2
Social source share

7 hours ago, Mal C said:

no never had the dosh for that one Dave, too expensive.. I bought the boot,  be honest it's great but it's not really my bag, prefer George Blackwell on Smoke...

my first one was £250 in 1995 mint.. amid rumours that a few had turned up.. let it go about 10 years later got another in a trade about 6 years ago and sold it for 2k about a year later

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!