Supercorsa profile photo

Jimmy Delphs - Almost

Posted

I've just bought a copy of Jimmy Delphs Almost on Carla, I already have the Karen copy, but I was just wondering which was released first. The Carla or Karen issue? Then again was it Betty Lavette's version first? :yes:

One other thing whilst ordering this, I bought Jimmy Delphs - Feels Like Summers Coming On (Karen), blind. I figured it was worth a fiver with the names Wylie/Hestor on the label to buy it as well and save on combined postage, so if anyone has a soundclip it would be appreciated, thanks. :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I've just bought a copy of Jimmy Delphs Almost on Carla, I already have the Karen copy, but I was just wondering which was released first. The Carla or Karen issue? Then again was it Betty Lavette's version first? :rolleyes:

One other thing whilst ordering this, I bought Jimmy Delphs - Feels Like Summers Coming On (Karen), blind. I figured it was worth a fiver with the names Wylie/Hestor on the label to buy it as well and save on combined postage, so if anyone has a soundclip it would be appreciated, thanks. thumbsup.gif

I had it on Karen then got shot of it when I obtained the Carla release, the flip on Carla is a far superior tune!!.....'I've Been Fooled Before' is a stonking piece of Detroit northern.

Don't know the other one on Karen, sorry.

Carla/ Karen....were'nt they names of one of the producers 2 daughters?? So i'm guessing they were released at the same time (Probably?)

Share this forum post

soul source url

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Jimmy Delphs - Almost - Karen/carla
    Record Wants by Ollie Lailey on Mon 09 Aug 2010
    • 13 / 876
    • keithw on 11 Aug 2010
  2. Jimmy Delphs - Almost
    Look At Your Box by Keithw on Tue 18 Jan 2011
    • 10 / 2118
    • bri pinch on 19 Jan 2011
  3. Jimmy Delphs - Almost (Karen & Carla)
    Look At Your Box by Premium Stuff on Sat 21 Apr 2012
    • 22 / 1913
    • dave pinch on 23 Apr 2012
  4. Jimmy Delphs - Almost - Atlantic (Italian Press With Ps)
    Record Sales by Bundle78 on Tue 16 Apr 2013
    • 3 / 507
    • Bundle78 on 16 Apr 2013
  5. Jimmy Delphs - "almost"
    Look At Your Box by Rubber Soul on Tue 30 Dec 2014
    • 20 / 2340
    • 45cellar on 03 Jan 2015
  6. Jimmy Delphs- Almost - Carla
    Record Wants by Dennisoul on Tue 05 Jan 2016
    • 1 / 503
    • Dennisoul on 05 Jan 2016

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.