Bobby Wilburn

Go to solution Solved by Skegsoul,

When listening to Bobby Wilburn i ask myself why did this bomb like it did on both occasions.Having just read about him and that he was a very private person and his day job was an engineer on the railway, that maybe he was a victim of his own privacy. The dilemma for those fortunate to own the record is which side do you drop the needle on. 

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Wheelsville1 said:

When listening to Bobby Wilburn i ask myself why did this bomb like it did on both occasions.Having just read about him and that he was a very private person and his day job was an engineer on the railway, that maybe he was a victim of his own privacy. The dilemma for those fortunate to own the record is which side do you drop the needle on. 

Was a great article on the chant label in a old copy of voices from the shadows. On the Bobby 45 label owner says Bobby came into town on a train walked into the studio cut both sides and left town. Wonder what happened to him, tis indeed a special record. Got the gamble copy here 🥰

• Up vote 1
Social source share

12 minutes ago, Skegsoul said:

Was a great article on the chant label in a old copy of voices from the shadows. On the Bobby 45 label owner says Bobby came into town on a train walked into the studio cut both sides and left town. Wonder what happened to him, tis indeed a special record. Got the gamble copy here 🥰

It would be great to know what became of him,maybe Sean who has recentley released it on his own diggin deep label could dig a little deeper and find out for us. Chris. 

Social source share

• Solution
1 minute ago, Wheelsville1 said:

It would be great to know what became of him,maybe Sean who has recentley released it on his own diggin deep label could dig a little deeper and find out for us. Chris. 

Sure it says he was a bit of a hobo and just rode the trains, jumping on and off. Will have to try and dig the voices copy out seem to remember it was a good read.

Social source share

26 minutes ago, Wheelsville1 said:

I found a black Gamble issue many years ago.  At the time nobody liked it as too slow but I kept it as it is so so soulful on both sides. I personally prefer I'm a dreamer. 

There's a chant copy on manship auction at the moment for just over 2k. 

Never realised how rare it was on either label 

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Skegsoul said:

Sure it says he was a bit of a hobo and just rode the trains, jumping on and off. Will have to try and dig the voices copy out seem to remember it was a good read.

Please do. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Mick said:

I found a black Gamble issue many years ago.  At the time nobody liked it as too slow but I kept it as it is so so soulful on both sides. I personally prefer I'm a dreamer. 

There's a chant copy on manship auction at the moment for just over 2k. 

Never realised how rare it was on either label 

Absolute killer double sider. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

34 minutes ago, Skegsoul said:

Bill Haney was the first white guy to appear on the cover of Voices... i think it was that article.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!