Crap 45s ?

shute

You know those 45s you've bought and then found out after hearing them again are a load of s**t, so you put them away never to see the light again....well I'm gonna be so cheeky here and say pass them onto me (FOC of course, well I'll pay the postage}....well we've all got them and a lot of us don't know what to do with them because you'd be embarised to try and sell them on, heres your chance to 'get rid'

Anyone up for this PM me......

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You know those 45s you've bought and then found out after hearing them again are a load of s**t, so you put them away never to see the light again....well I'm gonna be so cheeky here and say pass them onto me (FOC of course, well I'll pay the postage}....well we've all got them and a lot of us don't know what to do with them because you'd be embarised to try and sell them on, heres your chance to 'get rid'

Anyone up for this PM me......

link

What are you doing, making something out of lots of melted vinyl? biggrin.gif

Rach

Social source share

What bad timing Shute...just gave one of my turkeys away the other week. I'm not one to brag but it was so bad my seven yr old rolled her eyes when I played it and she's used to Pop Idol!....Try and guess..a disco instrumental with a bit of a sci fi element?

Edited by Reg Molehusband
Social source share

What bad timing Shute...just gave one of my turkeys away the other week.  I'm not one to brag but it was so bad my seven yr old rolled her eyes when I played it and she's used to Pop Idol!....Try and guess..a disco instrumental with a bit of a sci fi element?

link

Space - Magic Fly?

If it is it's a top disco tune!!

Godz

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I gave a track away to Johnny T a while back. He liked it. I considered punishing myself by going to a Bristol Rovers match for buying it. Fortunately I was let off the punishment by removing said record from my collection.

Unifics - Court of Love.

I saw it on ebay for 99p. It was on Kapp, so I thought 'take a chance'.

Utter utter crap!

Social source share

I have loads and loads of crap records, ask anyone who has been to my london flat for confirmation of this, wasn't that long ago I gave away a box of about 100+ 60's tunes to one of Chalkys mates. I always keep a large selection in reserve though for annoying people with when im in a 'I wanna play my records loud after a nighter' moods :yes:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

certainly not one to file anywhere near the 'good' section. BUT having said that I rather like it, I think its well funny  :yes:

link

THOSE BACKING SINGERS SCRAWLING 'HE'S GUILTY'.

Shudder :angry:

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

I'm buying a lot of stuff that i don't know, just chanching on labels and artists e.tc. so i have looooooads of crap, often on cool labels when you think it's a good midtempo smoocher and it's some blues guy screaming about some dance or something or labels that look like soul but really is country or something.. :Fck_off_by_nulltarget:

best

Leo

Social source share

I'm buying a lot of stuff that i don't know, just chanching on labels and artists e.tc. so i have looooooads of crap, often on cool labels when you think it's a good midtempo smoocher and it's some blues guy screaming about some dance or something or labels that look like soul but really is country or something..  :Fck_off_by_nulltarget:

best

Leo

link

I used to work near the Angel (London N1) & used to buy out of a 2nd hand record shop & bought a few country types etc cause I had taken a chance, also bought some soul stuff that i didn't like too much when I got it home. One in particular gathered dust until just over a year ago when sorting some stuff for a crossover/modern night came across this 1980 midtempo item that sounded half decent. Couple of weeks ago I played it at home again & looked it up in JMs book. f*** me, Herby Brown on Blue Ash Records 2K !!! Anyone know this ? Is 2k a realistic price? Moral is ... always check out those records you bought years ago & didn't like.

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

I used to work near the Angel (London N1) & used to buy out of a 2nd hand record shop & bought a few country types etc cause I had taken a chance, also bought some soul stuff that i didn't like too much when I got it home. One in particular gathered dust until just over a year ago when sorting some stuff for a crossover/modern night came across this 1980 midtempo item that sounded half decent. Couple of weeks ago I played it at home again &  looked it up in JMs book. f*** me, Herby Brown on Blue Ash Records 2K !!! Anyone know this ? Is 2k a realistic price? Moral is ... always check out those records you bought years ago & didn't like.

link

Yeah it's realistic (kind of) MONSTER track IMO, you can have my Troy Dodds for it :yes:

Congrats on a good buy!

best

Leo

Social source share

Yeah it's realistic (kind of) MONSTER track IMO, you can have my Troy Dodds for it  :yes:

Congrats on a good buy!

best

Leo

link

Cheers Leo

Troy Dodds ? maybe, how many copies you got ? laugh.gif

Social source share

I have loads and loads of crap records, ask anyone who has been to my london flat for confirmation of this, wasn't that long ago I gave away a box of about 100+ 60's tunes to one of Chalkys mates.  I always keep a large selection in reserve though for annoying people with when im in a 'I wanna play my records loud after a nighter' moods :yes:

link

:thumbsup: it's true.

As for the ones you gave to Nick, knowing him he'll have sold them all for a tidy profit :yes:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

Cheers Leo

Troy Dodds ? maybe, how many copies you got ? :thumbsup:

link

Only one i'm afraid but check with stockholm_born, he might be able to "find" some in his basement :yes::yes:

I'm really envious of that Herb Brown, i think it's THE best track of the modern millionaires..

best

Leo

Social source share

Only one i'm afraid but check with stockholm_born, he might be able to "find" some in his basement  :(   :(  

I'm really envious of that Herb Brown, i think it's THE best track of the modern millionaires..

best

Leo

link

Well in the new year I'll be looking to move it on Leo, either cash or trades. It's not bad but for this old 60s diehard it's not worth keeping to gather dust ! Thanks for your comments mate

Dave G

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!