News: Soul 4 Real New Release - Patti LaBelle & The Bluebelles (S4R17)

Alexsubinas

12 hours ago, Chalky said:

Fish at first experience records has copies, or had them, I managed to get one from him...you need to press more Alex 🤪

I ordered 500 copies and this time received 530 copies from the pressing plant, kept 15 for my archive and sold the rest. If I had known be sure I had pressed 700. I have no interest in "exclusivity" through number of copies pressed and/or price, I simply hate those speculation tactics . I have a few more releases comin´out that the license is again just for 500 copies. In next contracts I´ll try to increase the run size for sure

• Up vote 3
Social source share

36 minutes ago, Alexsubinas said:

I ordered 500 copies and this time received 530 copies from the pressing plant, kept 15 for my archive and sold the rest. If I had known be sure I had pressed 700. I have no interest in "exclusivity" through number of copies pressed and/or price, I simply hate those speculation tactics . I have a few more releases comin´out that the license is again just for 500 copies. In next contracts I´ll try to increase the run size for sure

I know you don't play them games, know you generally press more than most.  Its good to see them selling so quick but good music always will.  Keep on doing what you are doing.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I have a little Patti Labelle story; a few years back I saw her at Radio City here in NYC (w/ the Manhattans - a last minute replacement for the Four Tops, they damn near tore down the house , Whispers - terrific !, and Temptations - I was not the only one who thought they were a bit too "one more night in Vegas").  Patti was great, and when she got near the end of her show and was really ready to get down, she took off her shoes and parked them at the front of the stage !  She may have got this from Big Maybelle, who was around in the Bluebelles days, and in fact was having a late career renaissance with releases on Brunswick, Tayster and Rojac - her version of "96 Tears" is still one of the best ever soul versions of a rock tune.  Doc Pomus told me about seeing Maybelle shed her shoes while performing.  

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!