Cheap and plentiful records that are AMAZING?

Soulsearch

Too much talk (albeit very interesting) about the ridiculous prices of some records at the moment, some £1000 records (to me) are awful?? (please do not mention any though)

As Christmas is coming, some cheap and cheerful but great classy records, say no more than £15 thereabouts but that were at some point played out at a Soul Club. There must be tonnes out there?

I will start with Bobby Cutchins - I did it again - Great record (to me) and a complete bargain and roughly about a tenner or so?

Thankyou "yet" Again 😉 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

Been done before..they may merge with with back pages....

Thousands of records under £50 that would grace anybodies collection.

Ed

OK thanks Ed - Difficult to find what has been done before and what has not! - OK i will await "the Source" to probably merge it? - mine is upto £15 though :) 

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Soulsearch said:

Thanks Merve! Played that three times in a row. Very Very Very Very Very nice :) Well that ones on my list! - Really amazes me the amount of quality records out there i have never ever heard but should have.

Thing is mate if you slipped a record like that in between two well known 2k plus records, in the morning, dancers would remember the ten quid record just as much as the 2k records....Its become a dick waving exercise between collecters/DJs thats depriving the floor of lesser known cheap tunes.  

• Up vote 3
Social source share

6 hours ago, Merve said:

Thing is mate if you slipped a record like that in between two well known 2k plus records, in the morning, dancers would remember the ten quid record just as much as the 2k records....Its become a dick waving exercise between collecters/DJs thats depriving the floor of lesser known cheap tunes.  

Brilliant tune, and you’re quite right.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Soulman58 said:

Beat ballad perfection for less than a decent coffee and piece of cake.

Wonderful! - Actually that's exactly what i am doing whilst listening to it (my daughters lemon drizzle to be exact) ! Thankyou :) 

7 minutes ago, Davebanks said:

Another girl group sound this time from the magic pens of Angelo Bond and Greg Perry, but those strings wow. How can a backing track be so soulful? never mind the vocal performance. One on evilbay for £1.30!!!!!!

Dave Banks

WOW -yet another Gem :) 

Social source share

6 hours ago, Pga1 said:

There's some good stuff on ' prelude label'  like kumano mentioned above, it's best to buy the promos as they're 45's, cheers

Agree, some cracking records on Prelude. The Kumano single is on 7" 45 both issue & promo BTW 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

19 hours ago, Merve said:

One for the modern folks on here. A Soul Sam play from 1980 that never took off ....Worth a tenner of anyone's money 

Must admit - really thought you'd posted the wrong record? - i thought i must be missing something here. Three more plays later - Absolutely Love it!! to bits now, Defo a Philly type grower 😉 

• Up vote 1
Social source share